Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ! New into the motorcycle world. The Z125 looks like a great starter bike which is what landed me here in this forum. Have always been into motorcycles but haven't ever rode one myself ... Think this would be a good place to start ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
This would be a great place to start for new riders, it's actually what I'm planning to start with too. It's more approachable because of its small size and controllable power. Weighs 224.8 pounds with a seat height of 31.7 inches so you can easily hold it up and flat foot while sitting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey ! New into the motorcycle world. The Z125 looks like a great starter bike which is what landed me here in this forum. Have always been into motorcycles but haven't ever rode one myself ... Think this would be a good place to start ?
Welcome to the forum Ninja. :) I used to ride motorcycles when I was a teenager but i never became good at it. My interest with motorcycles has been revived, but I am not confident about my driving skills and thats why I bought the z125. ( i'm 5'4" and vertically challenged for most bigger bikes in the market ). It is light, and I can flatfoot it. 2 characteristics I need to gain confidence in driving a motorcycle

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This would be a great place to start for new riders, it's actually what I'm planning to start with too. It's more approachable because of its small size and controllable power. Weighs 224.8 pounds with a seat height of 31.7 inches so you can easily hold it up and flat foot while sitting.
Nice, have you looked at any other bikes for starters ?? The small size is a key thing for me, going to need to be able to flat foot it to maintain confidence lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum Ninja. :) I used to ride motorcycles when I was a teenager but i never became good at it. My interest with motorcycles has been revived, but I am not confident about my driving skills and thats why I bought the z125. ( i'm 5'4" and vertically challenged for most bigger bikes in the market ). It is light, and I can flatfoot it. 2 characteristics I need to gain confidence in driving a motorcycle
How are you liking it so far ?? And vertically challenged I can relate to.. currently standing at like ... 5'3" and a quarter ... felt the quarter was necessary to add ahah.

·
Registered
290 Posts
How are you liking it so far ?? And vertically challenged I can relate to.. currently standing at like ... 5'3" and a quarter ... felt the quarter was necessary to add ahah.
When you're Inseam-Challenged (as am I at 29.5" inseam), every 1/4" counts. :surprise:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Great place to start.

Another great starter bike is the Kymco K-Pipe 125. Weighs a bit more than the Z125 (and Grom/MSX125) but has 17" wheels, which makes it more stable and a better choice if you ride where there are lots of potholes. They're available now in the U.S. for $1,999.00. Top speed around 60MPH.

Welcome to KYMCO global official website..

Kymco K-Pipe 125

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great !!!, build quality is top notch and acceleration is quick. I have not really tried hitting the maximum speed but very easy for the bike to reach 50MPH or 80KPH.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great place to start.

Another great starter bike is the Kymco K-Pipe 125. Weighs a bit more than the Z125 (and Grom/MSX125) but has 17" wheels, which makes it more stable and a better choice if you ride where there are lots of potholes. They're available now in the U.S. for $1,999.00. Top speed around 60MPH.

Kymco K-Pipe 125
FangShui,

I have seen the Kymco K-pipe 125 in the flesh. Built quality is not as good as the Z125. In fact its one of the motorcycles as I was considering but I was turned-off by the build quality and the deal breaker was it uses a carb rather than Fi. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you're Inseam-Challenged (as am I at 29.5" inseam), every 1/4" counts. :surprise:
Great place to start.

Kymco K-Pipe 125

Glad you feel the same way about the 1/4" thing ! :grin2:

But the K-Pipe does look like a reasonable bike too, thanks ! I'm gonna look a bit more into it. Where I'll be riding will have quite a bit of potholes .. its extremely annoying even driving in a car :|

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great !!!, build quality is top notch and acceleration is quick. I have not really tried hitting the maximum speed but very easy for the bike to reach 50MPH or 80KPH.
That's ideal ! I really don't plan to try and hit top speed goals, especially just starting out lol. Trying not to psyche myself out before even taking it out, but I just feel really intimidated :frown2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts