Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here’s a link to the shifting video. Bare in mind the riding is not pretty’s I was focused on capturing the specific issue.

The dealer got back to me and they’re picking up the bike on Friday

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Was it fine driving it home, or was it transported
That whole engine sounds terrible, Do not even start it again.
BACK TO DEALER !

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Was it fine driving it home, or was it transported
That whole engine sounds terrible, Do not even start it again.
BACK TO DEALER !
It was delivered to my house since it’s not freeway legal.

To be fair the $30 knock off gopro was zip tied to the handlebars so that could explain why it sounds so bad. But yeah, the dealer is picking it up tomorrow. I probably won’t hear about it until Monday or Tuesday though. I just want to ride!

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
LOL, Thought that was the motor
You can run it through the gears standing still & motor off, just keep rolling the bike a little.
And avoid them picking it up for no reason, Just in case your not lifting the shift lever high enough and the Z' ergonomics are know to do just that.
If that is it, just remove shifter and rotate it 1 spline down counter clockwise

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
LOL, Thought that was the motor
You can run it through the gears standing still & motor off, just keep rolling the bike a little.
And avoid them picking it up for no reason, Just in case your not lifting the shift lever high enough and the Z' ergonomics are know to do just that.
If that is it, just remove shifter and rotate it 1 spline down counter clockwise
It won't run through the gears. And when I was riding I was making sure to pull up on the gear selector hard. So hard the top of my foot hurt. I would shift, see the dash then pull the clutch in again and kick up on the thing but it wouldn't advance to 2 or 3 or 4. It's just stuck and since it is in warranty and with one mile I am not going to mess with it myself. Also, having never worked on a bike before. I appreciate the suggestions and alternate points of view.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just went in the garage and tried again. It goes from 1 to N just fine. Shifting up produces the dash and the lever just stops, will not move upward anymore. I tried kicking it up several time and it even jumped from the dash back to 1 when moving upward.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Gotta love dealers... "We'll pick the bike up between 11-2 Friday" it is now 1:52 and no word... joy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there just bought my Z125 yesterday. Just looked up the color and it is Pearl Nightshade Teal. Pretty sick color. I'm looking forward to riding the backroads around here and maybe upgrading a couple items. First I want to get a brither headlight and then a fender eliminator. (I'll do my best to search)

Anyhow, hello! Thanks. View attachment 26473
nice bike!! I have the 2020.. there so fun with tons of mods..

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Did they pick it up and check out whats wrong with it?
It was picked up late afternoon yesterday and they are closed Saturdays. The guy picking it up rode it and said it's shifting but he thinks the gear indicator sensor is jacked. I only partly believe him because it did not shift for me. It half shifted. So I probably won't hear anything until Monday afternoon at the earliest.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts