Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there just bought my Z125 yesterday. Just looked up the color and it is Pearl Nightshade Teal. Pretty sick color. I'm looking forward to riding the backroads around here and maybe upgrading a couple items. First I want to get a brither headlight and then a fender eliminator. (I'll do my best to search)

Anyhow, hello! Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the site! That is a great looking color and I'm sure Kawi will sell loads of them.

You will find so many knowledgeable people here for however you continue to choose to customize your bike. I know this first hand as anytime I need to figure something out on the mighty Z, I just come here and someone on the site has already tackled the subject.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I went in after seeing the matte black with red wheels example, saw this and fell in love! Can’t wait for tomorrow when it gets dropped off.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks all!

Just got delivered today. Had a couple minutes to rip around the neighborhood (still waiting on my insurance agent to get quotes) and it was a blast!

I wear doc martens when I ride and I did have trouble feeling the gear selector and rear brake but I’ll get used to it. And then maybe it’s just me but it seemed like after 1st gear the gear indicator didn’t show the number of the gear? Granted, I didn’t get past 3rd and wasn’t really looking down so I could be freaking out over nothing.

But I hope to get it insured and start riding again! It’s been a long 5 years and boy am I rusty! Been watching twist of the wrist again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It should tell you what gear you are in every time (1, 2, 3, 4) on the little console except when in Neutral, i think it goes blank and a green light comes on instead. I can check later today after work but I am fairly positive it reads it.

Hopefully its some sun glare and you not looking down too long while moving. Once I or someone else confirms it reads the gear every time and you can confirm it isn't working I would take it back to the dealer as its under warranty and I wouldnt waste time troubleshooting that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It should tell you what gear you are in every time (1, 2, 3, 4) on the little console except when in Neutral, i think it goes blank and a green light comes on instead. I can check later today after work but I am fairly positive it reads it.
You are correct

Congratulations and enjoy, fun little bikes

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hopefully its some sun glare and you not looking down too long while moving. Once I or someone else confirms it reads the gear every time and you can confirm it isn't working I would take it back to the dealer as its under warranty and I wouldnt waste time troubleshooting that.
After consulting the manual I learned that “-“ means it’s not correctly shifted into first. However, that little dash shows up when I shift into second rather than “2”. I’ll explore more when I get home from work and take it for a ride where I can go through all the gears this time.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did some searching but didn’t find too much... what do you guys think to get for bar end mirrors and frame sliders?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I recommend going back to the dealer to let them know that the gear indicator isn't working. Would be good to get that sorted.

I went with peg sliders, axle sliders, and bar end sliders, nothing on the middle. Been through a couple slides at the track and held up pretty well so far.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recommend going back to the dealer to let them know that the gear indicator isn't working. Would be good to get that sorted.

I went with peg sliders, axle sliders, and bar end sliders, nothing on the middle. Been through a couple slides at the track and held up pretty well so far.
What brand/vendor?

·
Registered
367 Posts

If you end up replacing the exhaust then the right side becomes a bit useless ....

Woodcraft for the rest. FYI if you replace the bars the barend sliders might not fit anymore, something to consider.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, just went for a ride and was going to spend about an hour blasting around town but the damn bike won’t shift past 1st. Remember the dash I mentioned earlier? Means it’s not engaged in gear properly. So I took a video and sent it to the dealer waiting to hear back. It stalls out too.

I also noticed these hoses just hanging. Doesn’t seem right like they ought to be connected to something. Any ideas?

So bummed because the weather is perfect today! And I’ve only put one mile on the bike!

·
Registered
367 Posts
So you can drive around but trying to shift up won't work?

The hoses are normal. One is a breather hose and the other is gas overflow hose. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you can drive around but trying to shift up won't work?

The hoses are normal. One is a breather hose and the other is gas overflow hose. Nothing to worry about.
I can drive around my condo complex. I shift to 2nd get the dash indicating it’s not engaging into second and I can keep driving but can’t upshift. It’s almost like it goes to first and a half.

·
Registered
367 Posts
So you get the dash not indicating a gear but can keep driving and at that point upshiting further won't work. Hmm Defintely take it back to the dealer. Brand new bike still under warranty. I think others here are better at diagnosing than me but I wouldn't bother with the effort, time, or money while its under warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So you get the dash not indicating a gear but can keep driving and at that point upshiting further won't work. Hmm Defintely take it back to the dealer. Brand new bike still under warranty. I think others here are better at diagnosing than me but I wouldn't bother with the effort, time, or money while its under warranty.
Thanks. I'm in contact with the dealer I just wanted to go in with some sort of knowledge or see if this was a common issue with a proven fix I could suggest they pursue. I like going in with a bit of knowledge ammo, even if under warranty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did some searching but didn’t find too much... what do you guys think to get for bar end mirrors and frame sliders?
I'm a big fan of CRG bar end mirrors, have them on 5 of 6 motorcycles now.

I'm using these sliders

Good luck on getting the bike sorted out.

Nothing to worry about with the hoses you asked about.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts