Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had the bike for three weeks 2018 low miles and the thing looks and sounded mint only upgrades is the exhaust and bazza map ran fine the 3 weeks I had it then one day I was backing out of my friends drive way talking to his dad and I missed the kick stand thinking i put it up and it snagged the hump going down didn’t think anything of it till later that night I tried starting it up and nothing so since then I upgraded the battery got the kickstand bypass from kawasakibrad and the damn thing still won’t start

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
With Key on, Neutral light on, Kill switch off .... What happens on start/crank up

Video can tell us a lot during start up cycle with view of throttle and instrument meter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll grab a video tomorrow thank you for replying. Doing what you stated it just attempts to turn over but never gets there fully to drive

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
Hey KawaVanni, glad you joined the forum. There are a bunch of people on here that are a lot smarter than me and now we can combine advice. I'll get off the email chain and start communicating through here.

So, just to bring everyone up to speed KawaVanni has a service manual and recently pulled codes. 67, 33, 31
67, 33 are O2 related but won't keep the bike from running.
31 is the Vehicle Down Sensor but if that's the case the starter won't even engage right?

Doing what you stated it just attempts to turn over but never gets there fully to drive
Could I get some clarification on the terminology please. Does it start and idle but doesn't run well enough to drive? Or does it just turn over and over but never fire?

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Hey KawaVanni, glad you joined the forum.
31 is the Vehicle Down Sensor but if that's the case the starter won't even engage right?
Still turns over with tripped VDS sensor. And bike will still have spark.
And code will stay until the 4 ride sequence has been completed
If he's cycled the key off/on once it will reset and start if it was just a tripped VDS
If he damaged the pendulum in the VDS from the impact he needs a new one or do the by-pass.
Doing the by-pass temporally will rule out the no-start issue if that's it.

Agree we need better input or a video

VEHICLE DOWN SENSOR.JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey KawaVanni, glad you joined the forum. There are a bunch of people on here that are a lot smarter than me and now we can combine advice. I'll get off the email chain and start communicating through here.

So, just to bring everyone up to speed KawaVanni has a service manual and recently pulled codes. 67, 33, 31
67, 33 are O2 related but won't keep the bike from running.

Could I get some clarification on the terminology please. Does it start and idle but doesn't run well enough to drive? Or does it just turn over and over but never fire?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just turns over but never fires up sorry just saw this been busy with riding the bus to work and all over I really appreciate the time and help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also I did take the pendulum out and it still tries to kick but never fires up to ride

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
Need to check for spark. I can hear the fuel pump in the vid so that's probably fine.
Could you double check the codes again tonight? I feel like there is more going on there.

Check out the vid of the bike trying to start and listen to the audio (he emailed it to me since he couldn't upload).

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
Yes. See that wire coming from the sensor in your exhaust pipe. There should be the friend to that plug on the end of that wire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay thank you. I should have just bought a stock one got this one in a trade with 3k cash

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
I am fairly certain that your O2 sensor is plugged in to the wrong thing if it's not that. But I can't find anything that has the same plug on that bike.

Please double check what the O2 sensor is plugged in to and post more pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After seeing all of that.... take your key... go under the tail and there is a key hole.... pop the seat off and look and see if your bike has PCV and Autotune. that would explain the o2 plug being disconnected.... I am leaning on the bike has Power Commander V and AT installed.... if thats the case then you dont need to worry about that o2 plug... AT replaces the factory o2 with an aftermarket that runs to the AT box

1 - 18 of 18 Posts