Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I would assume like many of you, I was eyeballing a Grom for some time. Saturday I was running around and stopped into my local shop where i have purchased a '13 636 and a '15 Ninja 1000.

It is a big shop with just about every type of bike. I spent about an hour walking around before I noticed the Z125 sitting over by itself. It was a grey one and I loved the look of it!

I spent Sunday thinking about it and decided that I am going to go and get it tomorrow as soon as they open. Unfortunately the shops are closed today or I would have it in my garage now!

It just looks like a good time. I have a few folks around that I would like to teach to ride. Having something like this that isn't intimidating will be great. I probably won't mod it much at first except for exhaust because I like to be heard when in traffic. Later after there are some more choices and reviews, I will probably change quite a few things as I have on all my others.

I am an older rider, and have been riding for probably 10 years total. I had a big gap in the middle due to school, family and career. Now it is what I do to help manage stress. When life seems a little bit of a drag, a little "wind therapy" makes everything a little better.

I currently have a N1K. I sold my 636 just a bit ago. I had an FJR1300 which I sold in December. I had a Street Triple first, but sold that pretty quickly. They were all very good bikes, I just wanted something different. I will stick with the N1K and the Z125 just to have a couple of different rides to suit my mood.

I enjoy my N1K very much, but I like the idea of just being able to toss the Z125 around and play a bit. I bought my wife a Ninja 250 which she loves, and that is what showed me that there is a lot of fun to be had on something small and agile.

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum!

You have quite the riding history and seem to know exactly what you want in a bike.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the bike and see some pictures!

Ride safe out there and keep us posted on the status of your Z! 馃槑馃憤

Registered
I know what you mean when it comes to the exhaust and another thing I worry about is cops and attracting their unwanted attention even more with an aftermarket exhaust is the last thing I want. Hate being held up for up to an hour at times.

Have you heard of cops bothering riders where you live?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean when it comes to the exhaust and another thing I worry about is cops and attracting their unwanted attention even more with an aftermarket exhaust is the last thing I want. Hate being held up for up to an hour at times.

Have you heard of cops bothering riders where you live?
Missouri & Kansas are pretty forgiving about noise on bikes. This is Harley country, and some of those guys are really loud. I have not heard of anyone getting tickets for that here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Pick it up tomorrow

I went in today and put my deposit down, but was too busy to finish things up. I pick it up tomorrow. Sadly I did not take the time to snap a pic or two, very bad I know. :crying: I will definitely have a few photos of my new silver toy tomorrow.:smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts