Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a heavy rider 250 living in congested New York City what kind of sprocket should I being looking at. Top end is not a concern since I won't see much highway speed. If my top ends up being 50 I can live with that. Also I have a zoom loop exhaust and was thinking of getting a intake will I see any improvements? Or do I need a fuel controller. P.s hitting the gym haha to get some added weight off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am a heavy rider 250 living in congested New York City what kind of sprocket should I being looking at. Top end is not a concern since I won't see much highway speed. If my top ends up being 50 I can live with that. Also I have a zoom loop exhaust and was thinking of getting a intake will I see any improvements? Or do I need a fuel controller. P.s hitting the gym haha to get some added weight off.
If quick acceleration is what your looking at you can try doing a 13/34 sprocket. That is the set up I have. Top speed is about 54mph.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's great I can't seem to get near red line on 4th gear on 3th it takes forever I usually run out of road by then. NYC streets are not that long and end up hitting red lights. I can always go back to stock gearing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got the front 13 sprocket installed and man what a day and night difference. I had to look down to see if I was on the same bike haha. Very smooth I can even take off from second gear at a stop before it will bog down now it takes off like it's in first gear. Hadn't tested top speed yet. To be honest I will be happy if it hits 50 but I am sure it can hit higher. Now I am not even sure if I should put the rear sprocket on. Umm but since I have it might as well. Thanks so much yo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts