Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a thought that the original headlight is too bright? I'm looking for some light diffuser plastic wrap/spray which makes the headlight diffuses like Telsa's LED headlight.

Any idea of the spray / wrap possible?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Have you ridden at night yet? I own numerous flashlights that are brighter than that thing.

I looked through those decals thinking "these are stupid..." and then I saw the "Lights Out" design and fell in love. <3 I was actually thinking of tinting our headlight this morning already, it's too awkward on an all black bike. Need a brighter light first, and then I'll be back for that decal...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theres these / Pre-cut

I tried the spray on my jeep headlights and it was a crappy dull mattie finish but good enough for me. Kinda like in the video. but the wrap looks like the way to go, but never done it myself .

Yeah pretty much what I'm looking for on the Youtube video. I guess it could be more if we could stick it inside the glass and use some white light diffuser. Just like the new Honda Neo Sport series which has a very nice diffused headlight.

I bought some A4-sized light diffuser sheet but they are too thick to fit on the surface of headlight. Never tried yet but I might have some chances dissambling the headlight and stick inside the glass.

Have you ridden at night yet? I own numerous flashlights that are brighter than that thing.

I looked through those decals thinking "these are stupid..." and then I saw the "Lights Out" design and fell in love. <3 I was actually thinking of tinting our headlight this morning already, it's too awkward on an all black bike. Need a brighter light first, and then I'll be back for that decal...
I always ride at night and I don't think I need that much brightness which nearly blinds the guy ahead. I prefer more diffused one and looks confortable yet viewable when I look straight to the bike.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Wonder if any racing organizations allow these stickers as a substitute for tape on the track.
I thought the same thing, the "X" design that I like reminds me of the minimalistic taping of glass headlights. No reason they wouldn't, but there's gotta be some common sense used, a large racing org might just say no for simplicity's sake.

@Prawn: Glad you are happy with the light output, I'll admit that it's probably adequate for the speeds the engine is capable of, but more visibility during the day isn't a bad thing and I'm out in the country when I'm riding at night so I don't care about blinding people.

Just as a sanity check... have you performed a light alignment WITH you sitting on the bike? Blinding people sounds like an aiming issue, not a brightness issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the same thing, the "X" design that I like reminds me of the minimalistic taping of glass headlights. No reason they wouldn't, but there's gotta be some common sense used, a large racing org might just say no for simplicity's sake.

@Prawn: Glad you are happy with the light output, I'll admit that it's probably adequate for the speeds the engine is capable of, but more visibility during the day isn't a bad thing and I'm out in the country when I'm riding at night so I don't care about blinding people.

Just as a sanity check... have you performed a light alignment WITH you sitting on the bike? Blinding people sounds like an aiming issue, not a brightness issue.
Ando you're right I should to some alignment lol, but the matte headlight looks super :grin2:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I always ride at night and I don't think I need that much brightness which nearly blinds the guy ahead. I prefer more diffused one and looks confortable yet viewable when I look straight to the bike.
NEVER heard of this before...

·
Registered
3 Posts
these 35 watt bulbs are rather dim no fear of blinding anyone. I want more light for mine. Driving at night I have switched to a 55/65 watt bulb.

·
Registered
933 Posts
OK OK, so I'm doing it in the wrong order... I bought the "Lights out" "X" decal, it's in the mail. I don't technically have permission to install it yet.... but if I get the green light I plan to attempt to capture Pre and post install light pattern. Going to pick up a LED lamp in the spring so I don't eat up warranty period sitting around in my garage.

Upon reviewing the thread I have to ask @Prawn2036. Are you sure Tesla uses a diffuser on their LED headlights? A diffuser does exactly the opposite of the primary task of a headlight. Projectors are seen as superior to reflector housings because they scatter less light, and you are looking to intentionally scatter light.... in the name of NOT blinding people? Something's fishy here, just want to be sure you understand what's going on before you make your bike unsafe or cause any roadrage.

All that said, diffusers make perfect sense for daytime running lights because the light is visible on the lighting element/vehicle and not on the road. If someone designed a diffuser that snapped over the headlight for daytime use that could be easily removed for night riding it would theoretically make you more visible. Then again my highbeam does the same thing for free.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Update:

I put it on, post over here. It IS indeed a translucent film so I expect it to scatter/block some light. I am justifying this by pairing it with an improved LED "bulb". I plan to compare stock vs graphic + LED and we'll see where it takes me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts