Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title. Any feedback anyone has? They ship from Australia so I don't want to order one, not like it, and have to ship it back.... Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
It dosent have the loop. To my understanding, the loop is there to help the engine maintain it's much needed torque.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It dosent have the loop. To my understanding, the loop is there to help the engine maintain it's much needed torque.
The loop is not some sort of "torque magic" - it is there to simply provide more pipe length than you can otherwise fit under the bike. For any given engine and operating rpm range, you need a certain ideal length. Some exhaust systems simply put that extra length behind the rear axle, which has the advantage of looking a LOT better! It's also a lot less restrictive than a 360 degree loop!

The companies that put the loop there under the bike are simply trying to avoid the expense of providing a mounting setup to the passenger peg, or they are trying to keep the exhaust under the bike so that saddlebags can be more easily mounted.

Jim G

·
Registered
330 Posts
The loop is not some sort of "torque magic" - it is there to simply provide more pipe length than you can otherwise fit under the bike. For any given engine and operating rpm range, you need a certain ideal length. Some exhaust systems simply put that extra length behind the rear axle, which has the advantage of looking a LOT better! It's also a lot less restrictive than a 360 degree loop!

The companies that put the loop there under the bike are simply trying to avoid the expense of providing a mounting setup to the passenger peg, or they are trying to keep the exhaust under the bike so that saddlebags can be more easily mounted.

Jim G
yeah, ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts