Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out a way to take my love of riding and making money. The first thought was doing food delivery for services like Uber Eats, GrubHub, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it? Any pointers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my opinion it it isn't worth it but I'm only saying that because one of my friends had a very scary experience not too long ago doing just that.

He was doing Uber Eats in a pretty bad area (his fault) known for gang violence and carjackings. He has his phone on his Ram mount on his handlebars, couple of dudes came up to him pushed him off his bike and took his phone. We all told him he's super lucky they didn't take off with his bike as well.

Carrying food isn't really a problem, I have a pretty good backpack that I have been using for some time now. The only problem really is drinks. It's quite difficult to carry them unless you have saddle bags or something that is able to hold them good. I have been able to pull off carrying them in a pouch in my backpack zipped up both ways so that there is no room for the drink to move.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my opinion it it isn't worth it but I'm only saying that because one of my friends had a very scary experience not too long ago doing just that.

He was doing Uber Eats in a pretty bad area (his fault) known for gang violence and carjackings. He has his phone on his Ram mount on his handlebars, couple of dudes came up to him pushed him off his bike and took his phone. We all told him he's super lucky they didn't take off with his bike as well.

Carrying food isn't really a problem, I have a pretty good backpack that I have been using for some time now. The only problem really is drinks. It's quite difficult to carry them unless you have saddle bags or something that is able to hold them good. I have been able to pull off carrying them in a pouch in my backpack zipped up both ways so that there is no room for the drink to move.
Your friend's experience sounds terrifying. Luckily, my city is safe for the most part but I will definitely keep that in mind. I plan on having a camera mounted to my helmet to record everything just in case something happens.

Yeah, drinks will be tricky. I think they make mountable cup holders but I can still only deal with so many drinks. My other bike has saddle bags but I would prefer to ride on the Z125 due to fuel economy. I will also need a way to charge my phone too.

This is turning out to be expensive to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts