Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2017 Z125 Pro that I just took out of winter hibernation. I filled the gas tank and added stabilizer before the winter. It takes a good 30 sec for the engine to fire up when cranking it. Cycling the key a few times to prime the fuel seems to help. There was a CEL on the first startup which has since gone away. The bike runs great once started; no issues at all. I read somewhere that filling the gas tank too much might cause this. Which is what I usually do 馃檳 I thought it might be bad gas, so I refilled after about 100 miles but it's still occurring. I should add: bike is stock. Spark plug, air filter have been replaced recently.

Super Moderator
Sounds normal for winter but you didn't explain the battery condition
Put ''cold start issue'' into search if this thread doesn't seem to cover it

Never seen any non starting issues related to over fill
Here's the only warning in manuals I've found

GAS FILLING.JPG

Registered
Sounds normal. I usually try in bursts to start it up instead of holding the stater for that long.

Super Moderator
+1 sounds normal. They are a great running bike but not a great starting bike.

Take it for some WOT runs and get it really hot. Make sure you're not just diluting old fuel with fresh fuel. Run it as close to empty as you feel comfortable with and then put some non ethanol (usually premium) goodness in there. DO NOT RUN IT DRY. Then run it at WOT for a bit again and hit the rev limiter a few times. Having the injector at 100% duty cycle while hot clears the winter gribblys out of there.

Fuel stabilizer reduces varnish and fuel degradation It does not completely eliminate it.

Registered
Mine is hit or miss. Sometimes it fires right up and other times it takes a lot of cranking. I know of another person locally that has the same issue. I've tried different fuels including 91 non ethanol. Still cranks alot more than it should.

Registered
I treat my first couple tanks of fuel with seafoam on all my bikes, clears up any starting/running issues I've ever had in a fuel injected bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts