Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you racers utilizing on the track? CMRA rules states no clips ons are to be used. It has to be dirt bike style. So which ones are you using and why? Ultimately I would like it to be comparable to my zx10 as long as it won't hit bodywork and retains full motion.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, looking for the bars that will feel the most natural to someone who is used to racing sportbikes.

I realize there is no getting close to a similar feel. (need the bars a foot further away, hahah) but I just want something that will feel just a little more natural. I'm thinking of Suburban Machinery bars to get them lower, more forward and at a better angle. Anyone use those? I saw a couple guys on Groms using them. They needed risers to keep from hitting the bodywork.

Otherwise I guess just something lower so maybe I can stop hitting my helmet on my hand in turns.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in a similar situation, looking for the bars that will feel the most natural to someone who is used to racing sportbikes.

I realize there is no getting close to a similar feel. (need the bars a foot further away, hahah) but I just want something that will feel just a little more natural. I'm thinking of Suburban Machinery bars to get them lower, more forward and at a better angle. Anyone use those? I saw a couple guys on Groms using them. They needed risers to keep from hitting the bodywork.

Otherwise I guess just something lower so maybe I can stop hitting my helmet on my hand in turns.
I wish I could find a flat bar with barely any sweep to it.

I settled for the pro taper windham. Not exactly what I want but it works good enough. Much better than the ape hangers that came stock.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The Windhams look pretty good (when I hold my head upside down, hahah) maybe I will give those a try.

I had originally decided on the Kuker Black Fatbars with 1-1/8 risers at Steady Garage. But while I was there I filled up my cart with $600 of other things I needed but at checkout I saw they wanted to charge me $80+ shipping for what would fit in a 12" box. Screw that. So I cancelled. Still looking.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That does look nice, kind of a pricey solution but I'll have to consider. I wish top triple clamps were that cheap for my 675R, hahah.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey check these out:

Before:

And after:

They say 70mm forward and 70mm lower. These are different from typical clubman bars as the middle part isn't at an angle. Kind of like the Suburban Machinery bars except more offset. I picked up some Protaper Schoolboy Lows, but if I don't like those I will try these next. Made in Japan. I'm starting to find a lot of the good stuff for this bike in Japan. Must be a big market over there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts