Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've had my Z for 6 months or so now, and being fairly tall, I've had a few moments of nearly dropping the bike from trying to balance at slow speeds, but hitting my knees on the handlebars.

As such, I'm thinking of raising the bars, with something like the Rox risers (which I've seen recommended on here) or ebay equivalent.

I was just wondering: have you guys found there's enough cable length in the clutch and brake lines to raise the bars like this? The electrical wiring seems like it would be okay...

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had the same problem. I'm only 5'10", but have 34" inseam. Maneuvering at low speeds such as in parking lots or doing U-turns I tend to hit my knees if I don't remember to scoot back on the seat. I'd be interested in some ideas on getting the bars out of my way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't see much gain in just rotating the bars, unfortunately.

Disappointing that with all the talk of risers on here, this hasn't really come up. I suspect it's because most people use them in conjunction with lower bars, so the net effect is the same.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually, I ended up getting the ROX risers. Because of cable length, I can't have them centered and as high as possible, but I can and did set them all the way forward which gives a little rise and a little reach. I REALLY like where the bars sit now. It's comfortable and they don't whack my knees. Also, for my height, I don't have particularly long arms, so don't think the longer reach is going to bother you unless you have insanely short arms. I highly recommend the risers and if you get really ambitious, a longer clutch cable and a longer front brake cable.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got them in black, but yes. If you go on their website they have blems for a nice discount. I couldn't tell you what the blem was on mine and I would imagine most are that way, with some minor imperfection that they don't want to sell as a perfect new product. The nicest part is they are universal, so if you eventually sell your bike, you can just take them off and save them for the next. It's a really nice product.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry i know this thread is old, but I just got risers and now my clutch and brake cables are too short...cant find any longer ones online or at local shop....where did you get yours if you got any? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
1,689 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im new here, and I have been reading alot about the risers.
Im understanding that the 1.25 inch risers will work without having to change cables or re-route anything.
Can you all tell me where to order the 1.25 risers from?
Thanks alot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
E Bay and Amazon . And check out all the options first, you can get a straight up or off set to move bars forward or back . Or if the ones you like are on Rox site only ... Rox On
https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/adv-dual-sport-dirt-bike-handlebar-risers
And do I get the 1's for 7/8ths handlebar?
30mm is considered the height? Same as 1.25 inches?
I dont see those 1.25 on the ROX site for our bikes.
Thanks for your reply Kaw'ee, and all replies are welcomed and encouraged.
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, Ill PM him to see if he'll answer with the part number.
The 1's I'm seeing are 30mm.. maybey it wont notice and difference. Thank you sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't see much gain in just rotating the bars, unfortunately.

Disappointing that with all the talk of risers on here, this hasn't really come up. I suspect it's because most people use them in conjunction with lower bars, so the net effect is the same.
I hear you problem is these kids want all loafers cuz they don't have bad backs like us I want to get to in for a z125 rock says most bikes have the clearance for 2 in Woodstock cables if their abs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts