Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to get some opinions from people who have done the wrap around handguards for protection or have done something different such as bar end sliders and shorty levers. I have some Moose wrap around handguards at the moment but they do not fit all that great on the ProTaper Raptor bar I have currently. I originally wanted to get some Cycra or Magura wrap around handguards but have also seen a number of people throw on shorty levers and bar end sliders and left it at that. Mainly I just want to protect the controls and as much of the bike as possible during a crash. I've had a lowside with a fatbar on and it saved most of the bike from being damaged apart from the shift lever which I was able to bend back. Just looking for some thoughts and ideas on what people have done.

·
Registered
368 Posts
For levers I got these after Fox Fader's recommendation. I had picked up a different set of cheap ones from Amazon (GZYF) and they were garbage fit really loose on clutch and couldn't even get the brake lever installed. The ones Fox recommended (link below) are great, I've put about 2500 miles on them. Going to by another set for the Grom in my garage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shorty-gre...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Everyone says the ASV levers are nice but too much $$$ for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We now have R&G bar ends and Hard Racing folding adjustable levers -- adjusted to 'short' -- on the bike. They both look good, and the bar ends stick an inch or two past the levers, which should be long enough to protect the controls.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We now have R&G bar ends and Hard Racing folding adjustable levers -- adjusted to 'short' -- on the bike. They both look good, and the bar ends stick an inch or two past the levers, which should be long enough to protect the controls.
What kind of bar are you running on the bike?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone done the Cycra handguards on stock bars? I do have the Ebay shorty levers, but I'd love to see a couple different angle pics to see the clearance to the levers and a good side view. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts