Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read previous threads already however no conclusion was posted on cause.

So when i let go of throttle there is grinding noise coming from Left side of the case. I did open the camshaft cover there are minor scratches on the inside (nothing out of ordinary).

someone also suggested it was due to clutch having abnormal friction.

i am not allowed to post link to video yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm hearing the same thing I think. My noise isn't a grinding some much as it is some kind of a whining type noise upon deceleration. I only have noticed it in the past 100 miles or so. There is 2250 miles on my odometer.

At first I thought it was possibly something with the chain and sprockets as I changed to an O-ring chain within the past 500 miles but I only hear this noise on deceleration so I don't think they are the problem.

I'll be interested to hear others thoughts on what this whine could be.

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Reactions: pistonpete

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Mine does have loud engine braking but been there since day 1
Louder than any other bike I've owned but i think it's normal for this bike ?
Yours just started past 100mi but maybe your riding different area or riding harder kind of thing maybe

Lighten primary installed ?

If you can do a video would let us know what your hearing

Made a quick video of mine for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=-NTbWhi9oF0

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.[/quote]

Yes exactly that's the noise I have. Also made my own youtube video. Took it to dealer today he says it's normal. Cause is unknown. Said they all make that noise ot is characteristic of the bike .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine does have loud engine braking but been there since day 1
Louder than any other bike I've owned but i think it's normal for this bike ?
Yours just started past 100mi but maybe your riding different area or riding harder kind of thing maybe

Lighten primary installed ?

No lightened primary but I would imagine that this is what it would sound like. Its not overly loud but happens just noticeable upon deceleration. I can't really make a video for a couple of reasons. One is that it doesn't make the noise when stationary and two it would be hard to do so while riding as I don't have a GoPro.

At this point, I'm quite convinced its something to do with the chain and sprockets and is probably normal. It's definitely not as pronounced as Karamjit's seems to be.

Thank you for the suggestions however.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check your chain. If it's loose, when you coast all the chain slack is up top and it'll rub against the guide on the swingarm making a faint grinding and occasional popping noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts