Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a decent deal on a Z125, and I thought I'd join the forum and pick the forum members brains on maintenance, mods etc. I got the Z as a fun way to run around town since I also have a 2018 Yamaha MT-10 in the garage for longer rides. I've been riding for over 50 years and during that time I've had Triumph, Ducati, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki bikes. As far as employment is concerned, I was an instructor during most of my time in the Air Force (Retired Master Sargeant) and A Technical Training instructor for 21 years at Kennedy Space Center on the Space Shuttle program.
Looking forward to trading ideas with you all.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Being anywhere near the space program sounds awesome, good to have you on the forum!

Just picked up our Z last night, same choice of Black over Red. Didn't notice the grey panels until I got it home.
>.<

My first choice was the Special Edition black/blue/red/gold. Technically my wife's bike and she isn't into the retro look as much as I am so it's probably for the best that they sold their last one of the year last week.

Out of curiosity did you cross shop the MT-09 and MT-10? I love street fighters and triples (I bet you can guess my long time dream bike). What drove you to the MT-10?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being anywhere near the space program sounds awesome, good to have you on the forum!

Just picked up our Z last night, same choice of Black over Red. Didn't notice the grey panels until I got it home.
>.<

My first choice was the Special Edition black/blue/red/gold. Technically my wife's bike and she isn't into the retro look as much as I am so it's probably for the best that they sold their last one of the year last week.

Out of curiosity did you cross shop the MT-09 and MT-10? I love street fighters and triples (I bet you can guess my long time dream bike). What drove you to the MT-10?
I like the looks of the Special Edition also, but the only choices my dealer had were the red or the black. Plus, I got a good enough deal that I can have the wheels powder coated gold and the body panels wrapped and still come out ahead on the price.
I didn't cross shop the MT-09 because up until a year ago I had a 2015 FZ-09. The 09 is a great bike, but when they went to the crossplane engine in the R1 I promised myself that if they ever put that in the FZ-1 I'd be writing a check. It took them (and me) a while to get around to it, and by the time I got it the name had changed to MT-10. Honestly, even if I had cross shopped them, the cruise control and quick shifter would have sold me on the 10.:wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts