Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Great News.

Dyno Jet has confirmed the Powercommander V (17-068) has finished production and testing.

They should be releasing them very soon.

We've got a ton of them on order.
And they are now on our website now for sale, to anyone who doesn't want to wait on back order once they arrive.

So if you want one, please don't wait long to order. Usually on newly released powercommanders, the demand surpasses the supply.

>> POWERCOMMANDER 5 <<

Sample photo

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What's the advantage of this over the bazzaz

We sell them both.They are both great products.

But, there are some differences.

1) The PCV offers Both FUEL and Ignition Timing adjustments.
The Bazzaz does not.
This is kind of a big deal, as the little bikes tend to gain more power when advancing the Ignition timing.
For Example The Grom made nearly 1hp more, just by advancing the ignition timing. That's 10% power increase. :surprise:

2) The PCV offers Rev Limit increase (if you desire)
The Bazzaz does not.

3) The PCV offers "Add-on" Module plug-play quick shifters.
The Bazzaz does not.

4) The PCV offers Add-on Autotune Module (Self Mapping)
The Bazzaz does not. You have to manually go into the software and accept changes. It won't do it on the fly.

5) The PCV offers Add-on LCD Display or POD Display
The Bazzaz does not.

6) Dyno Jet offers a good size Map database with different combinations of exhaust / Filters, which continues to grow weekly as they get more maps made. Always a good starting point or for those who just don't have the time or desire to make a custom map.

The Autotune self mapping is a huge bonus. Not only does it make recommendation to map changes........ it actually applies them LIVE TIME for a true "SELF MAPPING" system.

So it can adapt to subtle changes in the Air Temp, Gas quality, Barometric pressure, Altitude changes....etc..

OR, if you make new modifications to your bike, it will also self adjust.

Again, they are both great products. You can't go wrong with either one. :wink2:

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just FYI

This IGNITION Timing control is kind of a big deal, as the little bikes tend to gain more power when advancing the Ignition timing.
For Example The Grom made nearly 1hp more, just by advancing the ignition timing. That's 10% power increase. :surprise:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok I was just wondering because I'm going to be buying one of the two here in the near future and just wanted to see what the differences are.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally. Have had mine on preorder with the WBC2 and POD-300. The BAZZAZ seems like a great option, but wanted the extra tinkering ability of the PCV and expansions such as the POD-300 to learn and tinker. Oil Cooler arrives tomorrow from Hardracing as well. Looks like it is time to drop the exhaust, to get the new bung installed for the WBC2 on the Yosh. Too bad Yoshimura didn't do what Two Brothers did...

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think the bazzaz has the auto tune thing
but its a separate box you plug in, also needing to add its own o2 sensor on the pipe

it may also do the auto shift I thought I saw it mentioned unless that was for another model
and the bazzaz offers a push button on the fly map change if for whatever reason you have multiple maps installed

what I do like with the power command is a way to raise the rev limiter that seems cool
and timing changes, but is there any proof that adds power
or we just going off what the grom did

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! Been waiting for the release.

Just placed an order for one to come all the way to Western Aus.

We have you covered. :wink2:

Reactions: J.B and blackx09

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
............. Oil Cooler arrives tomorrow from Hardracing as well. Looks like it is time to drop the exhaust, to get the new bung installed for the WBC2 on the Yosh. Too bad Yoshimura didn't do what Two Brothers did...

Agreed.

We asked them many times, during Pre-Production.
But, they didn't feel it was worth it. :frown2:

·
Registered
788 Posts
How does the PCV compensate for the ECU trimming the A/F? The way I understand it, the Z will run in a closed loop more under certain conditions and adjust the A/F on the fly to achieve the A/F ratio set by the factory and knows/cares not about the A/F target in the PCV.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How does the PCV compensate for the ECU trimming the A/F? The way I understand it, the Z will run in a closed loop more under certain conditions and adjust the A/F on the fly to achieve the A/F ratio set by the factory and knows/cares not about the A/F target in the PCV.

The PCV has final control over the Injector signal and Timing as well.

So The ECU can do what it wants, but the signal has to go through the PCV, before getting to the injectors and timing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts