Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anything has been developed to allow the switch to GP shift on the z125? Obviously there is no hassle with the standard shift but like I said, I have just been curious as there is not enough clearance around the shift shaft/shift rod to make the flip.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Actually if you cut down the OEM lever some and drill a 6 mm bolt hole closer to the spline(to shorten the throw), it will clear the generator cover. There are a few more details to make it work, but it's possible. I have some cheap rearsets and they flex which messes with the shifting precision but it's been GP shift with a shorter throw for a few months now and it works well considering the low cost. I will take some better photos but for now here's one to show you the basic idea. It should work using almost any shift linkage that bolts to the lever.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
Got over 1000km's on this setup and finally posted it to my site for sale. Kind of walking a fine line here because I would assume I can't really advertise here, which I'm not. Just remembered this post from back in the day and figured I'd answer.

I won't get hurt feelings if a moderator removes it. ;)

Anyways, check out the pic. Fairly simple kit hence the low price (basically the cost of materials). Can check it out at KawasakiBrad.com
Feedback welcome.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts