Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy big will here from Elgin I’ll I picked mine up from a freind she wanted to learn how to ride after 100 miles she gave up so I thought cool every one has a grom at the track for a pit bike I figured I would get a Kawasaki seeing I race one but like every thing in my garage I can’t leave things alone so here I go
First thing was Brock alien head exhaust ,power commander ,bars ,levers , fender illuminator , turn signals , integrated taillight ,sprockets ,chain crimira intake . took for a ride came back pulled motor added a 194 stroker kit from steady garage 5 speed trans ,throttle body,bigger injectors , online shocks ,the graft shift brace a must dynoed her it’s around 20 hp now then decided it had to be red to match my race bike so got new plastic from Kawasaki and after all that I. Still use my Zuma to push the race bk around so now I’ve got this little baby just sitting in the garage with under 200 miles on it
Debating what to do with any thoughts ,part out witch I don’t want to do or sell motor and put a stock one back in not sure I know it will bee to hard to sell for 5 grand I’ll prob trade it for something else I don’t need lol :laugh: i’m sure has a lot of other parts I didn’t list still have the stock green plastic mint all original parts I have over 7000 in this Yes I went over board if nothing else my friends love riding ot around at the track I’ve also have three different front gears for different ridding I’ll post pics soon

·
Registered
982 Posts
At roughly 200cc, I could see 20 horsepower. I was just going to ignore it because when you do this much of a change, I have to ask myself why? If you want a supermoto type machine with more power, the cheaper way to go is buy something like a wr250. Want dirt? Put aggressive treads on it. Want road race? Put sticky DOT tires on it.

But it's not my money, so if someone feels they just need to spend an extra $4000 on performance mods, they are certainly free to do so. I was looking at spending about $2500 to $3000 to build a Kart track TTR125 "monster", most of that would be in wheels. Then found out that they only allowed skinny rims to try and keep them at the same performance level as other 125cc stock machines, and decided I'd just be better off with a stock streetable machine to run in that class. Just wish I could get things together enough to get back to the track:(

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can definitely go crazy and spend way to much money on these little bikes but for me the fun part is in the hills on tight roads where dudes on bigger bikes have trouble getting away from you. Then they see what your riding and must be thinking what the ****.
I think the best mod is 143kit head pipe and intake and I'm still running stock suspension which I think is good enough for me and I'm having heaps of fun ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lol

LOL it’s only money I’ll post some pictures this weekend wasn’t hard to make 20 hp I was just thinking of a cool pit bike and had to have some power seeing how my pro street bike makes over 600 hp 200 miles an hour in 1/4 now laugh at that and what’s four grand I got that two clutches Also I’m just kidding when I say laugh now don’t take things serious I don’t I just did it to have fun Lotta guys at the track do up the groms so I did a Kawasaki

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Also I put a SHORAI 210 cca battery and a super starter it fires right up 1 click
stock starter was weak . anybody need any of the stock parts let me know

·
Registered
982 Posts
I need a lithium battery in mine, might go a different way and put in a large RC hobby battery (4s LiFepo4).

Might be interested in the stock shock and spring, want to see if I can make it serviceable. The rules I'm going to run under require the stock shock body, but spring and internal mods are allowed. Since the shock is crimped and welded together, not sure how to internally mod the thing without cutting it open! Thinking some threads on the end and a custom cap screwed down to hold it together and sealed. Need to consult with some places first though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Greg I'm thinking with the shorai battery and the other brands I'm not positive about this but I think they might have some circuitry built
Into the battery to change the charging system for the battery so It won't blow up.
so I wouldn't hook hobby batteries straight up to the bikes charging system.
Anyhow you might have already thought of this :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tend to go overboard myself. My z has full suspension and a high compression with cam but still stock head and bore. My Zuma on the other hand is fully built with a 192cc engine and ported race head. It's much faster than my Z but not as well suited for the track.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, I have. Would like a BMS that lets me send some large current out but not sure I'm going to find one. Might need to rely on a blinky balancer.
Are you into RC stuff?
I used to own a Hobby Shop about 14 years ago how things have changed:surprise:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I need a lithium battery in mine, might go a different way and put in a large RC hobby battery (4s LiFepo4).

Might be interested in the stock shock and spring, want to see if I can make it serviceable. The rules I'm going to run under require the stock shock body, but spring and internal mods are allowed. Since the shock is crimped and welded together, not sure how to internally mod the thing without cutting it open! Thinking some threads on the end and a custom cap screwed down to hold it together and sealed. Need to consult with some places first though.
I have a stock shock to sell. $50 plus shipping. Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts