Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2018 Z125 with about 500 miles on it that I just put away for the winter. Has an aftermarket exhaust (nothing worth noting, just an ebay exhaust for now to save up for a Yosh) and I've also removed the airbox and put on a uni filter. If I ride on the highway sometimes I get up to (indicated) 67mph and begin to bang the rev limiter. I know there are ways to increase the rev limit, or do other mods to make the bike go faster than 67mph but I'm not sure where to start. I only weigh ~130 lbs so if anything I should be more capable than most people here with higher speeds.

Thanks for any help!!

Edit: Its pretty easy for me to get up to 63-65mph almost anywhere that isn't uphill, even when its windy, probably because of my weight.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can go faster if you crouch down and it's free.
Or follow Jim Gnitecki, he has some amazing analysis on how to gain a mph or two.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Speed spacers are supposed to help... or at least the internet claims they help on the Grom. Only way you are going to go faster than 67 is to either raise the rev limiter or change sprockets. You probably wont actually pick up any extra speed until you bolt on some power.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm running an experiment right now involving both gearing and tire size, and THINK I have some usable results, but am waiting for an aftermarket small engine digital tachometer and an iPhone mount to arrive late this week, which will enable me to verify whether some measurements taken were real or fictitious (our Z125 speedometers and tachometers are both fairly big liars).

I'll post a report in a few days (assuming we get some non-rainy days here on Vancouver Island sometime soon!).

Jim G

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll post a report in a few days (assuming we get some non-rainy days here on Vancouver Island sometime soon!).

Jim G
Good luck with that, my daughters down the road a bit from you Jim,(Victoria) and this week is apparently a wet one.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Good luck with that, my daughters down the road a bit from you Jim,(Victoria) and this week is apparently a wet one.
Yes November is also the rainiest month of the year here in Parksville, BUT Parksville is in the rain shadow of the mountains (Nanaimo and Qualicum Beach on either side of us get MUCH more rain than we do). The forecast for the next 10 days does show some sunny periods during 7 of the 10 days despite the rain. So, it comes down to how STRONG The Sun is during those periods. If strong enough, it will dry the roads sufficiently for me to do the testing. If too weak, I need to wait for the next sunny period. :)

I only need to get out for maybe a half hour, as I already have raw data, but need verification that my estimates of tach and speedo inaccuracy are correct, so that the data can be properly normalized (raw data corrected to actual rpm and actual speed, not observed rpm and observed speed).

Jim G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts