Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself a Z125. Having purchased from an owner who wasn’t riding it, I figured I should check the pressure before my first ride. No surprise, pressure is super low, time to fill. That’s when I discover these wheels are so small it’s impossible to get a pump valve in there. My hand pump was unquestionably not going to fit, so I went to the gas station thinking maybe I could get their bendy hose in their, but it’s still just too tight. So what do people do to set their pressures? Do you just have to get 90 degree valves?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Bike pump does the trick for me. These tires fill up so quick and with a pressure that's in the 20s isn't much effort.

Fits on the regular valve stems. But the 90 degree ones definitely are much easier to use

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bike pump does the trick for me. These tires fill up so quick and with a pressure that's in the 20s isn't much effort.

Fits on the regular valve stems. But the 90 degree ones definitely are much easier to use
I've never learned of a more useful tip than using a bike pump. Saves time riding to a gas station air compressor on a low tyre and it's relatively easy. I'm surprised these pumps can go up to 40 PSI. Seriously thought I was going to have to get an air compressor just for this (I don't use air tools).

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've used the bike pump on my wife's car to top them off when I'm doing seasonal tire change and my bigger motorcycle. If you have a nice big one it does the trick without needing to go out. Obviously the bigger the tire the more work it is and wouldn't want to do it from flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts