Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being a newbie, I am asking what are the differences and what is the end or starting date/ vin number of the
change in generations?
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
89 Posts
What change in generations are you referring to? AFAIK the only changes that have been made to the Z125 have been paint colors/graphics. There was a recall on early models where they switched out the ECU to the same as the newer ones. They made a slight change to the recommended drive chain slack adjustment so that some swingarm stickers have an upper limit of 1.4 inches while newer bikes have one that says 1.2 inches.

Those are the only changes I know of, and I wouldn't think any of them constituta a generational change.

It looks like Europe will be getting all new models for 2019, but I haven't heard about any plans to bring them to North America.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well prior to buying my new to me 18 Z, I did a lot of reading of reviews and such.
I came across a few statements with reference to the Gen 1 and Gen 2.
So I assumed there was some type of modification(s) to warrant the difference?
Anyway no big deal, and I have seen the 19 in pics, pretty slick.
ABS, gauges, body work, seat too if I recall correctly, are a few of the changes.

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
Just to clarify if we're talking about the 12" wheel Z125. Then to put it simply there is no such thing as a Gen 2. There is no difference throughout the years except for color, some recalls, and yes the chain thing mentioned above. Just some ultra minor stuff.

If we're talking about the new Euro "full size" Z125. Then the only difference is everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyway no big deal, and I have seen the 19 in pics, pretty slick.
ABS, gauges, body work, seat too if I recall correctly, are a few of the changes.
Are you referring to the 2019 Z125 Pro?

Aside from the new colour (orange), it doesn't look like there are any changes for 2019 at all.

I don't have enough posts to include a URL in my reply (ugh) but if you go to the Kawasaki Canada website, the orange 2019 Z125 Pro is listed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you referring to the 2019 Z125 Pro?

Aside from the new colour (orange), it doesn't look like there are any changes for 2019 at all.

I don't have enough posts to include a URL in my reply (ugh) but if you go to the Kawasaki Canada website, the orange 2019 Z125 Pro is listed.
I believe the pic I saw was a European version, really quite different.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The EU version hits a specific target for their A1 classification (first starter bike) and as such it is very specific to their needs. Not sure we will see that one over here as the bigger wheels will make it less of a "fun" bike than our 12 inch wheels. The 14 horsepower also fits their maximum power limit for A1, not sure if we will or will not see that motor over here.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
They changed the clutch cover a tiny bit from the first release US models. Got that little bulge right above the fill plug now where it used to be flat, and it uses a different little clutch push rod, but I think that's it other than what's already been stated.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
They changed the clutch cover a tiny bit from the first release US models. Got that little bulge right above the fill plug now where it used to be flat, and it uses a different little clutch push rod, but I think that's it other than what's already been stated.
Worth mentioning that they did have 2 different right side cases on the 2017's ;)
This came up during my search for KLX110 motor and front forks conversion.
I doubt anyone will be buying a new case but if your ordering the push rod for any reason :rolleyes:
Check you engine case SN and the SN range listed on the parts web sites for which one is for your motor

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Worth mentioning that they did have 2 different right side cases on the 2017's ;)
This came up during my search for KLX110 motor and front forks conversion.
I doubt anyone will be buying a new case but if your ordering the push rod for any reason :rolleyes:
Check you engine case SN and the SN range listed on the parts web sites for which one is for your motor
That's odd, wonder why the two different versions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts