Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am in the process of creating a rear "rack" for the Z. I have seen the Japan rack that some members here have purchased, but I am not at all a fan of the looks of it. I do not like a big ugly rack hanging off the back of the bike. I am going to create one that goes up and over part of the passenger seat. It will have to hang off the back of the bike alittle bit to allow more rider room.
How interested would you guys be in it for I can get it around the $150 price point? My thoughts are it will be made mostly of aluminum and will follow the curves of the bike. It will have to be a quick release style, because of the fact the seat would not be able to come off if the rack was not a quick release.
I am currently waiting on a few parts to arrive to begin to design and assemble. Once I get it started, I will post pictures to see what you guys think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, as I stated before, I am waiting for the quick release latches to show up, but this weekend I'm am going to draw it up on solidworks. I have some other ideas for other parts as well, but one bite at a time right?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have one of the other ones and took it off. Would like something that looks nice and maybe easy to remove.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Me too. I have the rack you mentioned and took it off. I would like it to look like a hybrid between a 12 bar and a rack so it doesn't look stupid.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Did anything come of this? I've been looking at racks for the Z (enough to hold some take out), but not much for options. Backup plan is a good old backpack, but I don't care to put my dinner and workout shoes in the same confined space... I like feet and all, but not the taste of my own...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts