Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got left for work this morning with about 110 miles on my gasodometer(gaso). The fuel gauge started blinking half way to work, which is always a sore spot for me. I got home with around 145 on the gaso. After dinner, I made up my mind to finally go out and verify the gas tank size to ease my mind about just how far I can actually go on a tank. I filled up a plastic drink bottle with about half a liter of gasoline. That should be good for a little over 10 miles. I hopped on the bike and started riding the roads in my area. I figured at around 180 miles on the gaso I would run out because I have been getting right around 90 mpg riding the way I did with this tank.

Once I got to about 175 miles I decided to stick to pushing distance of the gas station. I played around in some empty parking lots practicing stoppies and wheelies(I still suck). Finally at about 179 going down the road I felt it stutter. I did a quick U-turn back towards the gas station. It idled through the red light at the intersection, but when I started to go it was stuttering really hard in first. I rolled over the curb into the gas station just as it died and had to walk it to the pump. Success! :D

I filled it into the neck where it starts to bottle neck and fit 2.01 gallons. According to my Fuelly app, I got 89.5 mpg on that fill.

Now, I didn't do the old timey tricks to wring every last drop out of the tank, like tilting the bike all the way to the hose side of the tank. That might not even do anything. But this "scientific" test certainly makes me confident that I can get 2 gallons worth of miles out of a tank. I now feel confident going 170 miles without filling up, giving myself around 10 miles of reserve.

TL : DR, the tank holds just over 2 gallons if you fill it up to the bottleneck. >:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep I ran mine out sitting at the light across from the gas station tank holds 2.1g or more if you take it right up to the top not recommended gold to know I'm not the only one to see how long it takes lol till we runout

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have not figured out my fuel gauge yet. It seems very conservative/inaccurate. When I'm down to 1 bar, It takes ~ 1.3 gallons to fill, depending on how hard I've been pushing it.
It's not a big deal, I just fill it up regularly before I head out. I keep several jugs of ethanol free 91 around for generators and my bikes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i shoot for gas around 110 miles give or take. Most of the time I fill up on my way home.. never can be to prepared for a zombie apocalypse! BRAAAPPPP!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as I am going to be relatively close to gas stations, I shoot for filling around 150-160 miles now. I almost forgot one day last week and when I got gas I put 1.981 gallons in the tank. Little too close for me even. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts