Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My fuel pump doesn't always seem to "prime" when I turn the key on and flip the ignition switch on. Tonight, for example, I turned the key on first, then flipped the ignition switch, and I didn't hear it prime. I turned both off, and then flipped the ignition switch first, and then turned the key on, and I heard it. I fired it up, and turned it off after a bit. Then I tried again, and heard the pump prime for a brief second (not the normal 3ish seconds). Is this normal behavior? Should I always be able to hear the fuel pump everytime I turn the key/switch on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

My fuel pump doesn't always seem to "prime" when I turn the key on and flip the ignition switch on. Tonight, for example, I turned the key on first, then flipped the ignition switch, and I didn't hear it prime. I turned both off, and then flipped the ignition switch first, and then turned the key on, and I heard it. I fired it up, and turned it off after a bit. Then I tried again, and heard the pump prime for a brief second (not the normal 3ish seconds). Is this normal behavior? Should I always be able to hear the fuel pump everytime I turn the key/switch on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bike is in neutral? Mine won't prime if the bike is not in neutral and it seems to be a few random people have this issue (mostly non US Bikes)

Turn key, press kill switch to the on position. Should start to hear it prime, once done priming I usually try to start it up then by holding the clutch in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts