Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my Z125 and it has around 100 Miles, Im loving the bike & I want to wake it up by removing the stock air box and replacing it with a chimera intake and a Yoshimura Exhaust.
Do these modifications require Fuel injection Modification or is there a way for the bike to adjust without the check engine light coming on or the Engine Running Lean?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Disconnect the battery. Turn to reds, hold brake on for light to dissipate any remaining capacitive charge. Leave the bike for a while if you want to be sure. Install the parts, check engine light will come on and stay on for the first few hours of riding. But the ECU will be reconfiguring it's brain. So after that the check engine light will disappear and you will be sweet.

From what I understand anyway.

P.s the injection mapping will make a HUGE difference with these mods and costs just more than half what you're paying for the exhaust. So do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Dave, I appreciate the feed back. I am considering the Power Commander 5 combined with the Auto tune accessory.

·
Vendor
748 Posts
You'll survive bolting them on, but won't see anything near the full potential without proper fueling. Our Mtake / Yosh / cam packages are up 40+% in power AFTER we fuel it correctly w/ the Bazzaz. Prior to that, it only looks and sounds better....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feed back, I already purchased the Power commander 5 w/ auto tune, But Im still looking for a Yoshimura and intake. If your Yoshi pipes bring the 02 bung for a good price we are in business.

as far as the Mtake,It was my first choice before I saw the OTB prototypes Velocity stack concept intake. It goes along with the stock oem box and looks like it could induce some more air into the motor.

·
Vendor
748 Posts
Hit us up through our site. The PCV will serve you well. I can get the OTB intake if you need, but
I'll put our intake up against anything, and do it for less money. We always have Yosh's, bungs, and anything else to make a Z better in stock. Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts