Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry if I place this post in a wrong place. I can't find a troubleshooting section.

My digital fuel gauge still display Full after I have ride for more than 100km.

How many kilometers can it run on 1 full tank? I ask because I don't want to run out of fuel.. the gauge was working before and I didn't pay attention to how far it can go..

Any advice will help how to rectify it or just bring it back to the dealership..

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's 62 miles. I know on mine the gauge stays full for a long time and then at some point it goes down fast. With that said, when there is one bar I still have almost a gallon. Ride another 50 kilometers and if it still says full I would take it in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine goes down to the blinking one bar at around 120-140 miles

Reactions: simoniz

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, after 135km, fuel gauge only drop 1 bar from full.. very misleading indicator..

But safe the trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's a bit misleading and does take a while to move after filling up, the way I've figured it out now is this: my bike gets about ~98 mpg with my riding conditions. 2 gallon tank so when the gauge is full obviously its full. The first bar wont drop til you use about .75 gallons, when it gets to halfway point you'll have a gallon left which for me is ~100 miles left(80 to be safe). When your light finally starts blinking this indicates you have about .5 gallons left (~50 miles). I've come down to this theory basically off running the bike til empty, counting gallons filled, miles traveled and some basic math. I've gotten anywhere from 180-215 miles per tank. I see you use different units so I guess convert it to km and litres and you'll have a much better idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can confirm what Jetta says, according to my own numbers. It's good that the fuel gauge is consistent between bikes to some degree. It's reliable I would think, just not a straight forward system i.e. "3/6 bars means 50% full"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts