Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished detailing the Z and noticed that there is a dime sized divot in the center of the front fender. I had my friend look at his and he has a similar spot on his fender. Anyone else have this on their bike? I'm hoping this isn't a once you see you cannot un-see situation for other people.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike goes in today for the 600 mile service and the shock replacement, I'll ask the dealer what they think.

·
Registered
207 Posts
On a side note and not to jack the post what products dos you use to detail your z

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's prolly a "mark" from the casting/stamping process that allows the fender to release back out of the mould.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On a side note and not to jack the post what products dos you use to detail your z
No worries on the slight thread jack. I just grabbed what we use here at work, Surf City Garage "Hot Rod Protective Detailer". Seems to work pretty well but I'm sure any detailer would do just fine.

That's prolly a "mark" from the casting/stamping process that allows the fender to release back out of the mould.
I think you're right. I'm still going to talk to the dealer about it. You'd think they'd try to hide the casting process a little bit better.

Think we can fill it in with some Bondo? Granted you'll have to repaint the fender but it won't have the divot anymore.
That would certainly fix it, I'm not so sure I'm willing to go that far! Once I get a couple of scratches in the paint I'll care a lot less.

Carbon fender and under cowl can be found here
Kawasaki Z125 2016- - Tyga Performance
I'm really considering pulling the trigger on that under cowl.
Man, those are sweet! That may be the solution. I'm with you on the under cowl piece for sure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You would think if anything it would be on the underside as most of these part are made upside down for the release process. I stopped noticing it on mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't believe that little mark has started such a long thread. Theres more info on here about that mark than there is about anything mechanical such as valve clearance or or normal engine temps... you know... the important stuff lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts