Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member for a while and finally have some picture of the new Z.
I use to own a 15 Grom full of mods. (Exhaust, Fuel Controller, Oil Cooler, Koso 4V BBK, etc) A butddy of mine bought a Z125 and let me take it for a spin. I just loved it sooo much I had to sell the Grom and get one.
Here is some pictures of the Z125. I really liked the blue.green combo that MNNTHBX did to theirs.
Only performance Mods so far are the exhaust and the lightened primary gear.
I also included a picture of my old Grom.
Sorry couldnt get the pictures to view correctly.

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Your Z looks nice. But so did your Grom. Any specifics that made you switch over?

The Z has a "revvy" nature while the Grom is more torquey. Aside from that and a few specific fixes each bike needs, they seem more similar than different to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks!
The Grom was a blast and was pretty fast with the BBK. Cruising at 70 - 75 was no problem with plenty left to give. Both bikes stock, the Z felt quicker going throught the gears, shifting was smoother and had an overall better feel than the Grom. I also thought the suspension was better with the Z. I put on some Michelin Pilot Pures on both bikes since it really makes a difference. Overall, I liked the design of the Z better as well. Both bikes have their pros and cons, the Z is just more for me and Im glad I switched over.
I am still undecided on whether or not to leave it stock bore or go BBK. Either way the bike is awesome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks!
The Grom was a blast and was pretty fast with the BBK. Cruising at 70 - 75 was no problem with plenty left to give. Both bikes stock, the Z felt quicker going throught the gears, shifting was smoother and had an overall better feel than the Grom. I also thought the suspension was better with the Z. I put on some Michelin Pilot Pures on both bikes since it really makes a difference. Overall, I liked the design of the Z better as well. Both bikes have their pros and cons, the Z is just more for me and Im glad I switched over.
I am still undecided on whether or not to leave it stock bore or go BBK. Either way the bike is awesome.
Thank you for sharing! Can you explain the pros and cons of each? Im unsure of which bike i want to buy. So your experience would be super helpful!

·
Vendor
746 Posts
Thank you for sharing! Can you explain the pros and cons of each? Im unsure of which bike i want to buy. So your experience would be super helpful!
I think we're qualified to speak on this, as we do so much with all bikes in this category and have no allegiance to any of them. Grom vs. Z....

They're both great obviously. Personally, I prefer the Z by the slightest of margins. It's quicker raving and more nimble. Having pegs that are much higher than the Grom is a big plus too. One thing we know well that most don't, is that the Z responds far better to modification. Our Z155 will run circles around our Grom 186. Perhaps my only Kawi complaint is at 6'2", the shrouds get into my knees more than they do on the Grom, but that's not too big a deal...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think we're qualified to speak on this, as we do so much with all bikes in this category and have no allegiance to any of them. Grom vs. Z....

They're both great obviously. Personally, I prefer the Z by the slightest of margins. It's quicker raving and more nimble. Having pegs that are much higher than the Grom is a big plus too. One thing we know well that most don't, is that the Z responds far better to modification. Our Z155 will run circles around our Grom 186. Perhaps my only Kawi complaint is at 6'2", the shrouds get into my knees more than they do on the Grom, but that's not too big a deal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw7GVKWaQfc&t=45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlNm8S_r9U
Very insightful thank you! Have you been getting good reliability with the Z125? I just dont want a new bike to be crapping out and breaking on me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts