Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out to ride with some members from a local forum tomorrow and there's a good chance I wont be in the lead with most of them on 500cc .
So It was time to make some fork guards because I removed the stock front fender and my fork tubes are exposed, Its been on my to-do mod list but there was no hurry because I haven't been stupid enough to go ride with them yet . :rolleyes:
And another special thanks to Home Depot for the 2" ABS and a 1/4 bolt ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding additional info for member .

If you have a way to copy/save and re-size this attachment so when printed out the 2 1/8" and the 5 3/8" dimensions are met . these are the lay-over templates for the 1 1/2"" ABS plastic guards (ABS measures 2" O.D. )

The notch being off center is what makes it work, so you could get pretty close just using all the dimensions and leaving a little more top and side excess then re-trim after installed per wanted protection

The fender casting standoffs are not centered with the fork tubes.
So the ABS templates account for that and keeps it a simple mod.
But they are not the normal look like most guards ( Pics 2-3-4 )
But are centered from the front when mounted which is whats important (pic 5)

Trim 1 1/2" ABS using templates and fit as required to forks (pics 4-5) DO NOT DRILL THE 1/4" HOLE !!!
Drill 1/4" hole through the (fender mount) upright leg 1 1/8" down from the top and centered to the width (pic 6)
With the guards fitted in place using the 1/4" hole in the leg, drill through the ABS guard
File only the area where the washer fits to correct the angle & tilt to forks (pic 6)
You will have to tighten the nut & bolt each time to see the actual angle and fit !
The washer fit-up area is key factor for the Angle & Tilt of the guard !!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, but I cant Plumb my kitchen sink with the leftover :grin2:

I've watched my son make knife cases with that stuff and a 1,000 degree heat gun

Hummm, I will defiantly be on the look out now for a mod to do with that stuff :wink2:

Thanks !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts