Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a forged piston for the stock bore. Has anyone found any? I realize that there was another thread referring to a forged piston on the 143bbk but would anyone else (turbo/nitrous) be interested in a stock bore stock compression forged piston?

Also, I am aware of a few high compression pistons available for the stock bore but they seem to be cast as well. Anyone know of a high comp forged piston available?

·
Registered
164 Posts
None that I know of, wiseco only does piston in batches of 12, wiesco sister company je will make Bach’s of 4 @ $200 a piece, all the others I contacted do big batches or can make nothing that size

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick update:
I've been in touch with JE and Wiseco. Both have a minimum bore of 58mm for custom pistons. The Z125 is 56mm.

I probably shouldn't be surprised. I had kind of assumed that this would be similar to my other nitrous projects. Wasn't expecting this hurdle.
  1. Install and giggle like an idiot.
  2. Jetting and software config (while giggling like an idiot)
  3. Try it out knowing full well that you're about to have a piston funeral (and grin like an idiot when you push the button)
  4. Step 4 trailer it home and install forged piston(s).
Oh well. I have another stocker in there now. We'll see how that goes. But even if this post is years old please let me know if you find one. Why am I stuck on the stock bore you ask? I'm not. But a steel sleeved bore is very desirable for nitrous applications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts