Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might as well just put my bike back to stock if any body interested to buy off some of my after market parts let me know..only got 400 miles on my bike and less than 100 miles on the parts..
got ticket for " illegally having them "
got my chimera intake, leo vince exhaust, and bazzaz zfi..make an reasonable offer might take them off when I get a chance..
its about $700+ set up just keeping the bling on my bike but I have to remove the performance upgrade..

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dang, that sucks. Where are you located? I've never been hassled for exhausts on any of my bikes, even though all are marketed for closed course use only.

·
Registered
347 Posts
california after 2012 year your not allowed to use aftermarket exhausts unless they have some sort of CARB or emission engraving on them

I've even had FMF refuse to even ship me an exhaust, for a dual sport
now who says im not off roading the dual sport 100%
they don't care, if it can go on the street, they won't sell at all to ca residents
and they are even located in ca too

but don't freak out just yet

just get a cop to sign your fix it ticket, thats what you got right

most cops will sign and won't need to see the bike
better if you know anyone in law enforcement they can sign it too

then just carry on how you have it
just be more cautious where you ride

we have a motorcycle cop here downtown we all know to stay clear of
he has said if he hears a loud bike he will hunt it down

maybe your guy patrols a small area and if you stay clear of it then you won't run into him
or you all were just attracting too much attention so he pulls you all over

here it seems like its only motorcycle cops that pick on scooters/small motorcycles
most car cops don't really care

why I try to keep everything as legal as I can
but for the exhaust
so I try to use either stock signals, or make sure they are the correct heights, and width apart
they don't like integrated signals/brake here so I try to avoid those
try to keep license plate legal, position, lighted, height
and of course be aware of your speed and all that

those are things they look for as an excuse to pull you over then will add up everything and make a ticket

from the 6 years I've been riding scooters and small bikes I can't count anymore how many times I almost get hit by cars that don't see you or don't hear you

louder exhaust is a safety thing
I can't stand the super loud ones though
but stock exhaust is dangerous your too quiet

if your bike was older, before 2012 you could get away with the db levels
most of these exhausts are quiet enough at idle to pass

but ca added the 2013 thing now where you need the state approved exhaust if your going to change it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
california after 2012 year your not allowed to use aftermarket exhausts unless they have some sort of CARB or emission engraving on them

I've even had FMF refuse to even ship me an exhaust, for a dual sport
now who says im not off roading the dual sport 100%
they don't care, if it can go on the street, they won't sell at all to ca residents
and they are even located in ca too

but don't freak out just yet

just get a cop to sign your fix it ticket, thats what you got right

most cops will sign and won't need to see the bike
better if you know anyone in law enforcement they can sign it too

then just carry on how you have it
just be more cautious where you ride

we have a motorcycle cop here downtown we all know to stay clear of
he has said if he hears a loud bike he will hunt it down

maybe your guy patrols a small area and if you stay clear of it then you won't run into him
or you all were just attracting too much attention so he pulls you all over

here it seems like its only motorcycle cops that pick on scooters/small motorcycles
most car cops don't really care

why I try to keep everything as legal as I can
but for the exhaust
so I try to use either stock signals, or make sure they are the correct heights, and width apart
they don't like integrated signals/brake here so I try to avoid those
try to keep license plate legal, position, lighted, height
and of course be aware of your speed and all that

those are things they look for as an excuse to pull you over then will add up everything and make a ticket

from the 6 years I've been riding scooters and small bikes I can't count anymore how many times I almost get hit by cars that don't see you or don't hear you

louder exhaust is a safety thing
I can't stand the super loud ones though
but stock exhaust is dangerous your too quiet

if your bike was older, before 2012 you could get away with the db levels
most of these exhausts are quiet enough at idle to pass

but ca added the 2013 thing now where you need the state approved exhaust if your going to change it

got it..yeah just might as well keep it..all the bikes I had before the first upgrade on my list is the exhaust..this is the 1st time got pulled over because of that..but your right about the turn signals and license plate..one of the guy I was riding with got ding on having integrated turn signals and tucked license plate..which is what I have on my other bikes..

·
Registered
42 Posts
That Leo Vince pipe is offensive.

No wonder you got pulled over. I hope to have my wife's bike with the Leo Vince fixed in the next week or 2 using Tyga header with a pre muffler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Holy **** California is suppose to be motorcycle friendly, but you can clearly see how democrats think. As if some bullshit emission rating actually makes a difference. Its a **** motorcycle getting 100 mpg lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Holy **** California is suppose to be motorcycle friendly, but you can clearly see how democrats think. As if some bullshit emission rating actually makes a difference. Its a **** motorcycle getting 100 mpg lol.
What he said ^^^^.

I thank the good lord every day I live in Alabama. Folks have better things to do with their lives then beat up on the 1%. In this case motorcyclists and what ever they might do to their motorbike. Jeebus chrimminy.

All roads lead out of California. Pick one and discover the high quality life you've been missing all these years.

Loud pipes...............make me smile. 0:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's dumb. You only get pulled over here in Nebraska if your straight piped. Other wise if it's a normal bike there's no ***** givin by the cops.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In CA as well. Keeping stock exhaust and air box for swap out to get ticket signed off if I get cited. Not a moving violation and just a fine so does not affect insurance or driving record. If they are all fix it ticket violations, then each one you get signed off reduces the fine to $25. They do stack so if you had two equipment violations, and they are signed off, it will be $50. Not a bad "fun tax".

Issue comes up if you ride in a smaller community where everyone knows who you are, including the officers, and they will cite you as soon as you swap back. Then you are pretty much done going from stock. I would only sell off it that is true.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pay the ticket and move along, don't change anything due to a ticket. lol I had a tint ticket on my Honda car and paid it online the next day as it was down in South Florida in a speed trap zone the troopers camp at. I will not remove my tint for a lazy cop just looking to generate revenue!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts