Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never really post on this forum, but I have been a member since before I got my Z. Unfortunately, I have to sell it because I'm moving and I'm ready for a bigger bike.

My Z has never left the city of San Francisco, I bought it here and I commute on it. I believe I am one of the few who didn't stunt, wheelie or push this bike to its limits. I followed Kawasaki's recommended engine break-in by staying under 7k RPM's for the first 1,000 miles. I always used premium gas and never red-lined, wheelied or crashed. Someone knocked it over once in a parking lot but rest assured, I already bought a replacement headlight. The Z is in GREAT condition and the Kawasaki green paint still sparkles and catches everyone's eyes. I already completed the Kawasaki ECU recall and the bike is ready to ride.

Clean title and current registration. 1,500 miles. Also comes with (all stock parts), green reflective rim tape (looks good and extra visibility on the road), adjustable cup holder, USB port connected to battery, Womet-Tech bar end mirrors, green aluminum adjustable shorty levers and a phone/GPS handlebar mount w/ rubber safety net.

I also have a cover, locks, rear stand, battery tender, helmet, gloves, jacket and boots for sale. If you throw a little more money my way I will include all of them.

WHATS THE PRICE?????

Since I have treated my Z like a baby, I am asking $2999. It's a high price but I have already done the engine break-in, a few cosmetic and practical mods, ECU recall, and the first service for you. I work at a motorcycle dealership and know that you need to add around $1,000 to MSRP of a brand-new Z because of taxes. My Z will save you a few hundreds and already looks good! I am willing to accept test rides w/ full cash in hand. *small* room for negotiation.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
break in questions

I never really post on this forum, but I have been a member since before I got my Z. Unfortunately, I have to sell it because I'm moving and I'm ready for a bigger bike.

My Z has never left the city of San Francisco, I bought it here and I commute on it. I believe I am one of the few who didn't stunt, wheelie or push this bike to its limits. I followed Kawasaki's recommended engine break-in by staying under 7k RPM's for the first 1,000 miles. I always used premium gas and never red-lined, wheelied or crashed. Someone knocked it over once in a parking lot but rest assured, I already bought a replacement headlight. The Z is in GREAT condition and the Kawasaki green paint still sparkles and catches everyone's eyes. I already completed the Kawasaki ECU recall and the bike is ready to ride.

Clean title and current registration. 1,500 miles. Also comes with (all stock parts), green reflective rim tape (looks good and extra visibility on the road), adjustable cup holder, USB port connected to battery, Womet-Tech bar end mirrors, green aluminum adjustable shorty levers and a phone/GPS handlebar mount w/ rubber safety net.

I also have a cover, locks, rear stand, battery tender, helmet, gloves, jacket and boots for sale. If you throw a little more money my way I will include all of them.

WHATS THE PRICE?????

Since I have treated my Z like a baby, I am asking $2999. It's a high price but I have already done the engine break-in, a few cosmetic and practical mods, ECU recall, and the first service for you. I work at a motorcycle dealership and know that you need to add around $1,000 to MSRP of a brand-new Z because of taxes. My Z will save you a few hundreds and already looks good! I am willing to accept test rides w/ full cash in hand. *small* room for negotiation.

I see you call out the break in concept. I just bought a bike from a guy that had the 178cc big bore installed, stroker kit etc. It only has a total of 200 miles on it as we speak and I put the last 50 or so on it. I didn't know of a break in period and have went over 7k several times.....not to wheelie or ride it hard but to see what she has.....is this going to be detrimental? I guess since you work at a dealership I wanted to grab your opinion!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see you call out the break in concept. I just bought a bike from a guy that had the 178cc big bore installed, stroker kit etc. It only has a total of 200 miles on it as we speak and I put the last 50 or so on it. I didn't know of a break in period and have went over 7k several times.....not to wheelie or ride it hard but to see what she has.....is this going to be detrimental? I guess since you work at a dealership I wanted to grab your opinion!

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, I'm not the best person to ask. I do not work in the service department at my dealership. I only followed the break-in period and baby'd my Z because I knew I would only own it for 1-2 years. I wanted it to be in the best condition for the next owner to enjoy it.

There is a large debate over engine break-in's though. There might even be a thread about it on this forum! People like me believe its best to follow what the manufacturer suggests as that will get the most life out of your engine. Others will wheelie straight out of the lot and do a hard engine break-in. Honestly, I don't know what's better but my Z125 performs flawlessly so I have no regrets!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Check this out. I don't think either "baby it" or "wheelie it out of the box" are right. You need full revs, but controlled... slow and powerful, especially during first 20 miles to completely seat the rings. That includes engine breaking. Up and down, varying the revs, with and without load. Like stretching. Check this video out this guy does a pretty good job:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts