Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My big Feet / Size 12 / do not fit well at the stock location . The shiftier was to short and to low, I really had to stretch my foot down to get it under the peg' especially when wearing my boots vs my sneakers , Looking it over the fix looked to simple ... and turned out to be just that . The pegs are now 1/2 inch back and they are 3/4 inch lower , which also helps the sharp tank edge thing also .
Moved pegs down to lower tab with 3 simple mod's , Trim bottom lower tab (pic 5) trim a washer (pic 6) (1-2 depending on washer thickness) , and use a bolt (pic 8) NOTE: Bolt length needs to go thru top tab to duplicate the same design strength as the stock pin , but doesn't need a nut . all the weight was on the bottom tab only with the original design . (my 02)
I drilled up to 1/2 (+.030) only because thats what I had on hand (pic 7)
Only 1 section of the peg will hit now (pic 9) but should be fine as long as your not standing up on the pegs lot and jumping bike . (my 02)
Pegs sit level and square to the bike still (pic 10) and the Ergonomics for me being 6 foot and big feet are much better

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bigger Pegs Re-Mod

Switched out my front pegs to use the rear pegs . they just looked better and i could get them even a little father back and down ..
Drilled hole in rear pegs up to 1/2" / My frame mount holes already at 1/2"
Drill a 5/16" hole at 1 3/8" down (pic 3) and place head as shown ,
the 5/16" head is the right spacing so the peg sits level
and twice the contact area than my first mod' (no slot)
Use a 2 1/2" long bolt to mount the peg. stock MM size or 1/2" / there is still no return spring !
Using a nylock nut run it up to just touching then check for play and level
Ran it hard yesterday without a spacers , but Making some for mine due to off-road , and I run the bolts up tight to help prevent shiftier and brake pedal bending during tip-overs
Spacers probably not required if riding street only (1st mod held up fine without spacers)

My pegs are now back 3/4" and down 3/4" from the stock location
Note: without the shiftier hyme joint linkage mod' you cant re-set the toe shiftier to where you would probably want it , .... Re-clocking at the shift shaft makes to much of a change , but you could check that out

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
That can be potentially a lot of force onto the bolts when you do it that way guys. once you move past the welded bracket and put all the load onto the bolt and nut I would be making very sure you are using "rated" bolts and nuts. I often stand on the pegs (either going over large speed bumps or to adjust my position in the seat while riding) and would be scared to do that with the above unless you had something like 8-10T rated bolts as the shock load can be significant. Just a safety matter, idea is sound though. Good idea.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've kinda of got a mod for big feet too that's I've been using for a while. Quite simple really, it's just 25mm riser pegs rotated to the back. They work pretty well. I'll post some pics in my build thread. I was going to hold off to see if they stand the test of time and they do.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've kinda of got a mod for big feet too that's I've been using for a while. Quite simple really, it's just 25mm riser pegs rotated to the back. They work pretty well. I'll post some pics in my build thread. I was going to hold off to see if they stand the test of time and they do.
Can you post up a link to the pegs that you bought? And a link to your build thread.
Thanks, and following.

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When switching to the second mod ,there was a oblong effect of the hole due to reducing the Tear-Out thickness. (pic 1) not much but more than I would have guessed. It could become an issue if used like that for a year or two ? Especially if your reduced the Tear-Out thickness more than necessary.

So i would suggest now not to go that route. For safety sake . but the 1/2" bolt has a shear point of 14,730 lbs so should be good there (I weigh 230 lbs) And just my opinion
The second mod (post 3) Should be fine , But I thought that about the first mod .
I will keep a eye on it and post here if I see anything I dont like :wink2:
But you will need to buy a pair of stock rear pegs or remove the ones on the back

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts