Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far I mainly focused on performance mods. PCV, Chimera intake(Sprint Filter), Brock's exhaust and DCR cam. Looking to see if there are others following same/similar path.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the exact same stuff with out the cam. 10.66 hp on Brock's dyno. Bike runs much better than stock and pulls hills better. Odd mine seems to run a little better with the d.b. killer in than it does with the pipe wide open.

·
Registered
73 Posts
needs that backpressure on the stock motor. Big exhausts on stock motors actually reduce power. I don't run it just so the bike is loud and the idiots on the road can hear me. A little power isnt worth my life. But I got a 178cc TB kit with V2 head going in it soon. Just waiting for my slipper clutch to get here and then the build will start.

·
Registered
315 Posts
needs that backpressure on the stock motor. Big exhausts on stock motors actually reduce power. I don't run it just so the bike is loud and the idiots on the road can hear me. A little power isnt worth my life. But I got a 178cc TB kit with V2 head going in it soon. Just waiting for my slipper clutch to get here and then the build will start.
Where did you find a slipper clutch?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Takegawa 6 disc clutch kit for Kawasaki 110/125 engines now has a slipper function. I've run the standard style 6 disc clutch on my bigger builds since the extra capacity prevents clutch slip and the primary gears are taller for a higher top speed. But now I want one for a 125cc class racebike and the 14% higher gearing is a bummer since I've already geared it down for the tight kart tracks we run. Currently there is only a part# that includes a new clutch cover so this complete kit will be $pendy. Hopefully someday the slipper clutch portion will be available on it's own like the one they sell for the GROM. But if you are building a monster big bore engine then this is a nice clutch upgrade kit for it.

http://www.takegawa.co.jp/english/new_parts/1709_spc_slipper_kit_z125_e.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts