Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new 2018 z125 last week impulsively. He offered me $4385, i was a little shocked cause he told me i was getting a discount of $300. I assume because the 2019's are coming out... He told me that the bike comes in a box and that the dealership had to assemble it for $600 and the shipping was around $200 and tax and im sure there was something else. Does it really cost me shipping to buy a bike that was sitting in the dealership? Was this a bad dealer or did i get a decent deal?:|

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dealers can charge whatever they want for setup and documentation fees. That's why prices vary so much from dealer to dealer/location to location. $1200 seems a little high for fees... but I bought mine used.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Doesn't sound like a great deal but that is dependent on location. Transit fee is normal, even on cars. They have to get to the showroom somehow and that ain't free. My assembly fee was $150, reflecting roughly an hour of labor... though I'm guessing they cranked through 4 of them in an hour. They basically come assembled minus the handlebar and fluids.

I know that some dealer fees are universal, meaning they are required by law to charge the same fee across the board, don't know if this applies to assembly charges.

We recently bought our Z for an end of season deal and had 3 separate employees quote me an out the door cost of what I paid but when I showed up to the paperwork the price was more than $400 higher and the employees who quoted me previously were either off that day or playing dumb (including the manager). Luckily I had my wife with me to play hardball or I would have just overpaid.

If you truly already bought the bike, why ask about price? If the bike was worth $4385 to YOU, then you paid the right price. If your budget survived the impulse buy and the bike puts a smile on your face, just keep smiling and looking forward, you can't change the past. But yeah I think you overpaid based on the current market.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Travis- Don't linger on the past it will eat you up. But in the future DO shop multiple dealers. I have a feeling you didn't this time around. Think of it as a life lesson at the School of Hard Knocks... I've found that the tuition can be a bit expensive, I've taken a few classes there myself. I think you were about a thousand bucks too high.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Got mine at dealer used (1100mi) for $3200 OTD in San Diego Ca.
But a New one would be ...
All advertised prices are, *Plus government fees & taxes, licensing, any dealer document processing charge, emission testing charge, any finance charges. Additional Dealer Markup (ADM) & Freight is only charged on NEW Vehicles.
Retail Price $3,199.00
ADM pricing as follows: $415
13% of retail price (MSRP) on vehicles from $0 to $12000.00
Freight charges Grom/Z125 – $495.

For my bike at $3200 OTD ($2721 sale price)Your below fees will be different/higher
Sales Tax $217
Dealer Document processing fee $80
Registration fees $132
Vehicle license fee $17
Finance charges $? / zero if paid cash /
YA, Looks like thats what someone would pay here is SD . Even looks like he did discount the $300 ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If your price you paid at the dealer includes sales tax and state registration and license plate fees, then that sounds close..
In Missouri, you pay a dealer for the bike, freight, and set-up ONLY.
Then you goto the DMV and pay your sales tax, registration, license plate etc.
A brand new bike should be around 2850 from a dealer in MO.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was at $2866 for everything minus tax and title (doc fees, setup, freight all rolled in...). I bought it new but it was last year's model. Worked out to about 3050 OTD. I think I called every dealer in the state to get that price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking to bring this back to life.

Difficult to shop around NY as nobody will give a price without coming in and taking a day off for that conversation is already costly.

Anyone know what a fair price is to ride OTD with a 2018 z125?

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
2018 OTD Price

Difficult to shop around NY as nobody will give a price without coming in and taking a day off for that conversation is already costly.

Anyone know what a fair price is to ride OTD with a 2018 z125?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to Joe Ortiz from Milwaukee WI
Southeast Sales Powersports
414-463-2540 and got one for $2475 OTD. I am from Michigan, so I had to do the tax, title, registration, plate here $248. Not a bad deal, since I had to go to Chicago to visit some friends.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I talked to Joe Ortiz from Milwaukee WI
Southeast Sales Powersports
I just bought a second Z for myself (first one was my wife's) and wanted to buy one of their 2018s.

They told me I couldn't buy a new vehicle remotely, that I would need to come in person. First I'd heard of such a thing. Said it only applied to new bikes, not used. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If this is total BS @citycruising should contact them. $2500 + ~$300 freight is still a decent deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts