Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this article on Cycle World where they ran a Z125 Pro in a 24 hour minibike race against a bunch of Groms & other small bikes. Looks like a lot of fun.

Team Z125 Pro/Cycle World 24 Hr Mini Bike Race (Final Update) | Cycle World

I'm thinking about doing something similar to mine and taking it to the local kart track. Does anyone know of any other Z125s that have been modified for racing? Maybe in Asia where they have been out longer than here in the US?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I talked with a friend who is close to the team and found it very interesting that the engine was bone stock with the exception of intake, exhaust and Bazzaz. No oil cooler! That is pretty good test of reliability.

Tires should be your first investment if you want to track or race the Z125. Looks like they chose Dunlop TT93. Bark buster style guards for the levers seems like a good investment too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You should get hooked up with Mini Moto Racing. That crew goes to Apex out in Perris and welcomes all levels of experience. Look them up on Facebook along with UMRA who put in the 24 hour race at Grange Kart Track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts