Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off my bike at Brock's Performance today so they can use it for some measurements and test fitment. They threw it on the Dyno and it turns out 9.5 hp SAE (bone stock is 8.3 hp). This is with a Bazzaz & MNNTHBX intake. They are adding their alien head exhaust (sounds great in person, the video elsewhere doesn't do it justice) and I will report the results. They are also installing ceramic bearings and measuring the rear wheel for carbon fiber wheels.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Seen a few flames from the Z ;)

Carbon fiber wheels sounds like something real extreme though, would love to see when this is done !

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Seen a few flames from the Z ;)

Carbon fiber wheels sounds like something real extreme though, would love to see when this is done !
The Z125 in the video isn't mine. That fellow wanted his back.

Unfortunately I won't get to keep the carbon fiber wheels. They are about $1700 per set. I could buy them for about 1/2 off that price since I volunteered my bike, but that's too expensive for my intended use of the bike. I will however request photos with the carbon fiber wheels on the bike (and try to convince them to at least let me ride it once with them on >:))

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ is that with the alien head exhaust? I would like to hear it on the Z125.
That;s it. I heard it on a Grom and it sounds great. A very very deep tone. I'll upload a sound clip in a couple of weeks when I get the bike back. What you hear in the videos do not do the system justice though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good video from Brock as always, thanks for sharing. I didn't realize that the PCV had additional tuning flexibility with timing over the Bazzaz for the Grom. I wonder if that will be true for the Bazzaz? Anyone know?

·
Vendor
708 Posts
No timing or rev limit changes, nor would we ever want to alter them when pushing one of these little motors to the max on a daily basis. It's always been a non issue in our eyes, and more of a marketing tool than anything else (in terms of the Grom & Z).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No timing or rev limit changes, nor would we ever want to alter them when pushing one of these little motors to the max on a daily basis. It's always been a non issue in our eyes, and more of a marketing tool than anything else (in terms of the Grom & Z).
You actually gain 1 hp on the Grom by adjusting the timing. While I'm not a fan on rev limit changes, timing changes can have a benefit with minimal risk. If not done properly, it will harm the engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts