Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Finally bit the bullet and bought myself a cute little 2021 Black Z. I am so excited to have a little project bike to start working on and building up. Live in sunny California so there is plenty of fun in the sun time on the nice little twisties I have by my house.

Thoughts on first things to upgrade?

After doing some research and looking around my thoughts are:
1) Fender eliminator
2) Exhaust no clue where or what to get for the 2021, any suggestions and places to look are appreciated
3) Bike safety stuff, sliders and the like.
4) Shifters
5) Lights
7) Rearsets

Any other quick win ideas?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome to the forums, those red rims look good. I'd do bike safety stuff first then that shifter and rearset can be done in one go and would be the second thing I would do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations

MNNTHBX 1st choice great web-site, the best customer service, & helpful to the community
Steady Garage, offer a few different manufacturers things and god service
Hard Racing not a fan of their web-site, nice selection of products
WebikeJapan, has some things that you won't find in the US and you'll pay for it but exclusive cost more
Amazon sells some stuff but they don't do anything for the Z125 community and a fair amount is the rip-off Chinese stuff
ebay cheap crap

Sportbike Track Gear, Revzilla, and many other motorcycle retailers have some z125 items but won't be much help if you have questions or problems.

In the end MNNTHBX is my go-to, fair prices, great selection and know what works because they designed it and/or tested it. Available for questions and a huge supporter.

Fun little bikes, getting ready for vacation and taking the Z125 and Zuma 50 2T for the wife and I to ride, we enjoy that nearly as much as sitting on the beach.

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Welcome
Per your list a nice light would be also a safety thing
XK GLOW 25W 2400 LUMEN H4 BULB

You will hate adjusting the stock chain every 200miles so a quality chain is a must for most
DID420NZ3

Exhausts you want a $ quality exhaust if you plan on building more HP power in the future
Yoshimura, Hindle, Brocks,

Middle of the road are the $250.00 - 300.00 range

Best bang for buck and a really nice for the price is the

But get the one you just like the looks of the most if your not going to add extra hp mods later

Sound and stand alone pic

Sound and pic with it on the bike

·
Registered
412 Posts
to add to my comment above

1) Get axle sliders for both front and rear. lever/hand guards of some sort and thats likely enough protection unless you plan to stunt it. I can't comment about headlights cause the z is not my main ride but I trust what @Kaw'ee says

2) if you go with driven rearsets you get a better shifter in one go. There are other options but quality/price is hard to beat.

3) for exhaust if you're not chasing performance mods go with whatever.

4) as much as that fender is obnoxious if you do ride in wet weather your back and *** will thank you that its not wet and full of road dirt. For me I commute to work on a bike from feb/march to oct/nov (I'm in the mildest winters in Canada but it rains quite a bit here) and therefore don't plan to ever get rid of the fender eliminator on my road bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
welcome.

First mod I ever did was a stereo, then a little bit of cosmetic stuff (powder coated levers and pegs)
finally added white walls.

Don't see myself doing much more to it. Maybe a fender eliminator and tail light integration.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,

Finally bit the bullet and bought myself a cute little 2021 Black Z. I am so excited to have a little project bike to start working on and building up. Live in sunny California so there is plenty of fun in the sun time on the nice little twisties I have by my house.

1) Fender eliminator
2) Exhaust no clue where or what to get for the 2021, any suggestions and places to look are appreciated
4) Shifters
5) Lights
7) Rearsets

View attachment 26578
Don't forget a phone mount.
Anti theft or security/GPS tracking system. Depending on what type of riding you do, you might want to look into better tires.
Quality riding gear.
There's lots of aftermarket parts both performance and visual upgrades. Depends on what your primary use for it will be that'll determine where you start with mods.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mate I would just do the cold air intake and forget about exhaust unless your going to go the 143 bigbore kit.
The stock air intake and filter are really restrictive.
As for a aftermarket exhaust it’s just to much noise for little gains.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thank you everyone for the great responses.

I have found out that MANY websites will NOT ship air intake or exhaust to California. I will need to find sites that do, kinda frustrating.

Thanks for the different sites, spent a couple hours looking into all different sites for all different things but I will make MNNTHBX my primary one to order from.

Already done:
  1. Brake clutch levers
  2. Fender eliminator (I hear you @Azlar49 but this is strictly a summer/non-rainy bike) It looks way better
  3. Rear and front sliders
  4. Ordered a Chimera Intake
Left to do in short term:
  • I hear everyone about the exhaust but I feel that I need something louder, no idea which one I want yet but it is going to have to be a little louder than it currently is. I live in Cali and lane split, so I want cars to hear me. Also going to get a BBK at some point. I hope that MNNTHBX sends exhaust to Cali.
  • Rearset - I hate the stock one, looking at the Driven (thx @Azlar49) or Hotbodies
  • Didn't think about a chain but I that seems like a good idea, haven't ever adjusted the chain so will have to figure out how to do that.
So many things to do :) Thanks for warm welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

1) Fender eliminator
4) Shifters
5) Lights
7) Rearsets

View attachment 26578
I love the red wheels. I just bought a 2017 z125 Pro with 900 miles on it. I am loving it. Mine is green with black wheels but I want to change the wheels out for some bronze wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts