Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st owner. 200 miles 1st week. Love this thing.

So I got a mnntbx 2.5 inch lowering link. Does anyone know if I can install it without cutting any of the stock plastics. BTW I'm not stretching it just need it a tad lower I'm only 5'2
You can see I already slid the forks up as much as possible without hitting the handlebars so I'm hoping with the link installed it will be perfect. I just really don't want to do anything permanent to it yet...

It also matches the current appliances in the kitchen of the house I currently reside @.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome What seat is that ?

I have never lowered a bike , But changing the suspension can make the bike unstable . Please have it checked out by a professional when you get the links installed .

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome What seat is that ?

I have never lowered a bike , But changing the suspension can make the bike unstable . Please have it checked out by a professional when you get the links installed .
Purchased $150 off Amazon. It's Noi made in Thailand or somewhere in Asia. I love it. For a short rider it lowers seat height and pushes you forward a little. Very comfortable too, Better than stock. Spot for tool kit. The only thing you use off the stock seat is the rubber band to hold stock tool kit. There is a little wiggle left to right on the back but not enough to matter. I have thought about using the square cushion closest to where the seat hooks in but its really not that big of a deal.

I'm gonna order a bmc air filter and currently trying to figure out which chain and handlebars to purchase.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Welcome to the forum (y)

If you haven't seen it yet there's good info on bars & chains here.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already posted this on Jason T introduction but I want to post it on mine. I'm just proud of this little z.
Installed the mnntbx 2.5 inch lowering link.

Can someone tell me if I put the spacer on correctly? This was the most logical in my head.

I can now flat foot both sides. I'm only 5'2. I feel like it actually handles better. Trying to figure out the pattern to cut off the chain/rear wheel gaurd where the link was installed. I hate that I'm going to have to cut into it.

I'm gonna order some red brake/clutch levers but Amazon is out of red ones for the brand I want. I was thinking maybe gold or dark grey.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know thats interesting I had to do a double take at the direction of the bolt on the rear shock mount in the diagram.

That's the washer and bolt

That's the washer and nut.

On the bolts there were smooth parts of the bolt where the shock goes just like the stock bolts or maybe I'm wrong. I do know I've been out all day giving it hell and it's held up 🤣.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Installed these MZS levers. From amazon.
They are the same length as stock but offer adjustability and look better. The feel when you grip/pull them is pretty good too.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know thats interesting I had to do a double take at the direction of the bolt on the rear shock mount in the diagram.
View attachment 26737
That's the washer and bolt
View attachment 26738
View attachment 26739
That's the washer and nut.
View attachment 26740
On the bolts there were smooth parts of the bolt where the shock goes just like the stock bolts or maybe I'm wrong. I do know I've been out all day giving it hell and it's held up 🤣.
I was looking at the mnntbx test mule and the bolt was installed through the other side with the nut on the shock side. Maybe I did do it wrong. Can anyone confirm this or explain to me why it matters?

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it turn out the mc customs race clip ons were out of stock for the anodized black. So I ended up getting the protaper school boy lows.

So much cleaner looking. I have bar end mirrors I need to put on but this was already a little difficult for me. So the bar was it for today.

I forgot to slide the right bracket on for the stabilizing bar before hooking everything up 🤣. Hell that things for show anyway. I got the trex kickstand I need to throw on and I really hope my arashi rearsets get here tommorrow. After that I really want to get better tires. Does anyone know if 130/70 pilot pure will be okay on the back with a lowering link and NO stretch.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arashi rearsets thank you Greg I watched your video as I installed mine.

Brake spring is super tight can I stretch it out or does anyone know how to fix this. I saw Greg was using a screwdriver to kinds stretch it out im guessing that's probly the best way.

I actually really like how it shifts now.
I took off the heel guards and the spacers for the pegs. Overall I'm happy especially if I can get the break working properly.

I was gonna put on the kickstand but I couldn't get the damn safety switch screw to loosen. It seemed like no matter how hard I tried it just wanted strip out so I just left it alone for now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah that screw is a bi***. I used wd 40 and left it for an hour then grabbed my best screwdriver and got it done. It was not fun.

Regarding the spring on the rearset for the brake. Where the rearset connects to the switch you will see 2 adjuster nuts. It allows the mechanism to retract up or down this will allow the place you connect the spring to be closer. You can also not put the return spring on. Its not necessary the pads open up on their own when u let go.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I got the trex kickstand on and love it. It's a very solid peice everything about it is an improvement except I paid a weight penalty. I'm okay with that though cause it's so much better than stock.

I'm just now getting use to the rearsets and handlebars cause now I'm kinda forced to ride in a forward (bc of the seat) somewhat tucked position. It was really hard at first to not put what felt like all my weight on the handlebars. I think im finally getting decent at riding how your suppose to in a semi tuck. I guess I worry about really hard breaking if someone pulled out in front of me or something. It seems like In that position I could easily go over the handlebars or flip the bike forward if I brake to hard in the front.

I'm also running the rearbrake without the return spring and I kinda like it. So will this make the rear brake wear down faster? Or I guess I should ask are there any negative side effects I should be aware of when doing this?

I'm really thinking about going ahead with the 120/70 130/70 Michelin pilot pure sc. More stability seems worth not waiting to wear out the stock tires but saved money speaks for itself so I'm kinda torn. got 800 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mnnthbx rear passenger footpeg frame sliders.

Perfect fitment. Snug fit. Let's face it. Me plus loaded backpack I weigh about what my bike weighs. I would not want to ride 2 up on this thing.

·
Registered
2021 z
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Mojo customs race bars.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Does anyone have any suggestions on which clutch cable to get with these handlebars. I have the stock cable functional but im definitely gonna need something else down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts