Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know if the pump will stop once the gas is at the desired amount? I know some bikes/cars do not have the cap so the pump doesn't know when to stop. Please let me know ASAP. Also, what is defined as the filter neck on the Z125?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I believe you have to put the gas nozzle into the tank. When the gas touches the nozzle the pump will stop. I believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I always lock the pump on until it stops automatically. This gets you pretty close to full. Then I top it off manually until I can see gas come up over the thing that hangs down inside. I'm not sure what it's called.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I never rely on the pump shutting off automatically. Too much at risk if it doesn't. Gas spilled over a hot engine.....
I watch the level and stop it when it's close to the top.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another fueling question (sorry for the hijack, OP): do you fill up while sitting on your bike, or with it on the side stand? I just got the bike last week, so I haven't filled it yet. I always put my last two bikes on their side stands when fueling due to concerns about the fuel igniting while you're sitting on the bike (I picked that up in a book, I think).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another fueling question (sorry for the hijack, OP): do you fill up while sitting on your bike, or with it on the side stand? I just got the bike last week, so I haven't filled it yet. I always put my last two bikes on their side stands when fueling due to concerns about the fuel igniting while you're sitting on the bike (I picked that up in a book, I think).
Its supposed to be standing up, but honestly it does not matter. The point some gallons is not going to make a difference.

You can stick the nozzle through the little openning in the tank, and just fill it till the pump stops on its own. Thats how I have my gf fill it up, since she cant seem to hold the nozzle to let the gas come out on its own.

I just fill it till the fuel is level with the hole in the tank.

ANY WAY WORKS....

I don't think the extra fuel is going to make or break your trip to wherever your going.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I never fuel wile standing...
And I always fuel an bout 15 miles after it starts blinking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You guys dump gas on the bike :confused: Not sure how you guys are worried about fuel igniting, I'm pissed if i spill a drop or 2 on the tank. Still not sure if this is a serious post..

·
Registered
347 Posts
the pump auto stops very early

its very normal to finish the fueling yourself by eye on motorcycles as we don't have feet of hose going to the tank that the fuel can sit in
we have no buffer zone and need every drop we can squeeze in

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just walk inside n ask for a paper towel

You guys dump gas on the bike :confused: Not sure how you guys are worried about fuel igniting, I'm pissed if i spill a drop or 2 on the tank. Still not sure if this is a serious post..
As long as there is no static electricity you should b fine.
I spilled fuel 3 or 4 times on the tank. I was more worried about the paint.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As long as there is no static electricity you should b fine.
I spilled fuel 3 or 4 times on the tank. I was more worried about the paint.
Right on. I pack a bonding cable that I pull out and attach to a stable ground whenever I refuel. All that speed builds up static electricity. Don't want the little Z bursting into flames!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts