Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Corporate Kawasaki came to us with a new Z125 and commissioned us to transform it into a factory level race bike. We've just begun, so I thought we may as well post up a build thread and let you guys follow alone in the coming weeks.

Today we installed the Ohlins fork kit, Ohlins shock, and mounted shocker yellow powdered wheels w/ TT93's spooned on. There's no greater impact on handling than these fork kits. More to come...

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For aggressive riding, the Driven rearsets make all the difference, so on they went. Tighter feel, aggressive pegs, and a lot of adjustability. Several other Driven bits came off our shelf as well, such as endurance cups, oil cap, and fuel cap. Got both the Galfer wave rotors on the bike too...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey... I wonder if that style of axle slider be used as a swingarm stand on the front fork? Would be handy for front tire changes.

Cool wheel color BTW.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey... I wonder if that style of axle slider be used as a swingarm stand on the front fork? Would be handy for front tire changes.

Cool wheel color BTW.
You wouldn't be able to remove the axel with the sliders as the pick up point on the stand.

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same bars. Did you trim them down a little?
We don't, but certainly you can. It's all about personal preference.

Sorry we've been slow on the updates. We've been out of the shops for four days filming for Throttle Rockets, and are just now getting caught up. More to come...

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being a total controls freak, we dropped on our G2 billet quick turn throttle, fresh Renthal grips, ASV levers and clamp, and Driven bar ends. This makes for a super crisp and accurate connection to the bike, and give us the ability to dial it in to any rider's tastes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
We don't, but certainly you can. It's all about personal preference.

Sorry we've been slow on the updates. We've been out of the shops for four days filming for Throttle Rockets, and are just now getting caught up. More to come...
Love the TV Show. Been watchin every episode.

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since we're going top shelf on this build, it seemed a good time to roll with Bazzaz's prime quick shift & TC unit...

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On with the Mtake, throttle body, and manifold to let it breathe...

Swapped the brake lines out for braided Galfer stainless bits, and flushed with Motul fluid. Lever feel is TIGHT!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts