Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i have my z working a bit better and can hit a reasonable cruising speed, i am wondering....
Do those of you that have an extended swingarm find the bike to be any less twitchy when at higher speeds? Seems that increasing wheelbase might help a bit with at least straight line stability?
As it is now, adjusting a mirror at 45-50 mph is taking a calculated risk.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've ridden zx14 and GSXR 600 with mild extensions and both of the rode amazingly better than without. I'm guessing the same thing here. Let someone chime in that actually has one tell the story with this bike.

·
Vendor
752 Posts
You’re correct the longer wheelbase calms the chassis. The reason we designed our extensions at +4.5” instead of the huge lengths of the others is one of our main objectives was handling and chassis performance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You’re correct the longer wheelbase calms the chassis. The reason we designed our extensions at +4.5” instead of the huge lengths of the others is one of our main objectives was handling and chassis performance.
To me, yours is also the most "seamless" and best looking. I suspect that with a Trex 2" lowering link i will be very close to stock ride height, and stock kickstand.
I think i will order one up today. my only other issue is the rear brake line, do you by chance have a pic of how you do the "flip" and new routing to use the stock line?

·
Vendor
752 Posts
To me, yours is also the most "seamless" and best looking. I suspect that with a Trex 2" lowering link i will be very close to stock ride height, and stock kickstand.
I think i will order one up today. my only other issue is the rear brake line, do you by chance have a pic of how you do the "flip" and new routing to use the stock line?
I'll try to grab a pic, but there's not much to show, outside of spinning the front banjo fitting a bit. It's a straight forward affair...

·
Vendor
752 Posts
When you extend the swingarm, the tire gains more leverage on the shock, what do you do about the shock spring to make it decent again? Assume that rules require keeping the stock shock body, but a spring change is allowed. Would the lowering link make up for the change in leverage?
You're exactly right, however we were honestly surprised how little impact it made on shock performance. Certainly not enough I'd advise anyone to purchase new shock components without giving what they currently have a go...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm running the MNNTHBX 4.5 extension and T-Rex 2.5 lowering link and love it. I was running a 4.5 lowering link previously and it was a bit too low for me, the riding I do and my HRP pipe, lol. Now I seem to have found a good balance of the two and it is very stable.

Attachments

Reactions: relykz and Kaw'ee

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm running the MNNTHBX 4.5 extension and T-Rex 2.5 lowering link and love it. I was running a 4.5 lowering link previously and it was a bit too low for me, the riding I do and my HRP pipe, lol. Now I seem to have found a good balance of the two and it is very stable.
Is anyone slipping the forks up a bit when lowering?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts