Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Recently I was taking my 2017 z125 pro for a ride and everything was going great for about 20 mins until everything just went wrong. My rpm gauge was going crazy, check engine light going on and off, battery light on and off, my speedometer kept changing speeds +/- 20 km/h or sometimes saying 0 km/h. The bikes throttle kept just shutting off causing me to keep jerking forward. I decided to start taking empty side roads to get home (pitch black at night), and my headlight went out. The bike kept going on and off still struggling to go but was still able to move at roughly 40 km/h most of the time. Drove with my signal flashing because it gave me some light on these dark back roads, and then 10 minutes later the headlight went back on but I was still struggling to get power. I stopped at the gas station (said i had half tank) filled up about 4L (about 1 gallon) and drove the last 5 minutes home. Those last 5 minutes home had no issues that I noticed but I don't think it was a gas problem because I filled 4 litres which was to the top, which means there should have been gas stilll in there.

If anyone has any idea of what it could be i'd appreciate a comment,

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
Very common issue when the Battery connections are loose or grounding to frame
check, clean and tighten at the battery and make sure there hooked up pointing towards back of the bike, and not to sides where they can touch frame

Battery probably still good if its starting the bike still
But if main headlight has ever been on without engine running its a bad stator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked the battery connections and the positive was a little loose. I tightened it with 1 full turn with a screw driver and I will be going on a ride later tonight. Is 1 turn enough to make a difference?

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
ABSOLUTELY (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts