Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if I should be concerned or not. I have a filter Only where the hose usually goes. I haven’t really noticed it leaking oil until yesterday it wasn’t an absurd amount but it was enough to see it coming through the filter. Yesterday was about 90 degrees. Is this okay? I tried looking on here I found a few posts but nothing really explaining well if this is okay or not I would like to know before I go on my next ride. Bike ran fine for the most part

·
Super Moderator
1,913 Posts
Normal ... Even totally stock motors have excessive crankcase venting oil mist. Never overfill your oil level and make sure you check it properly. My hose gos straight up under the gas tank with a gas filter on it and still gets oil in it but runs back down into the crankcase. Once every 3-4 rides my bike is on it's side and that also will let oil run out the line. I never use a dry paper filter because they become a dust magnet once there wet.
OIL FILL LEVEL.png 100_3514 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: SpinFire

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normal ... Even totally stock motors have excessive crankcase venting oil mist. Never overfill your oil level and make sure you check it properly. My hose gos straight up under the gas tank with a gas filter on it and still gets oil in it but runs back down into the crankcase. Once ever 3-4 rides my bike is on it's side and that also will let oil run out the line. I never use a dry paper filter because they become a dust magnet once there wet.
View attachment 25071 View attachment 25072
Awesome thank you so much. I seen your technique I’m going to do that. Wasn’t really feeling paying 25$ for a filter just to put on the hose ill do the gas filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts