Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking at aftermarket exhausts for my 2017 Z125. I have watched multiple reviews and read as much as I can find on the topic. I like the two brothers and the yoshimura the best so far. They seem to be of similar quality with the yoshimura just a little bit more expensive. I also came across a video for an AR exhaust which seemed fine also. In my searches for other products and upgrades I have come across several aftermarket exhausts on EBay that are a lot less expensive. I know the old adage you get what you pay for, but sometimes what you pay for and what you get is just a name. I'm not interested in a name if it doesn't do any better. Are these worth trying? I see they ship from Thailand. Is that just because the Z's are popular over there? Does anyone have experience with these versus the Two brothers or yoshimura? Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would stay away from the cheap eBay exhaust if I were you. I bought one and the finish of the header pipe that connects to the engine is not a good flat finish. It was crooked and uneven in many areas. What happened was my oem gasket was crushed upon installing. I bought a beams exhaust and it was such a nice sounding exhaust. The only thing I did not like is the baffle at the bottom of the muffler. It was a restriction to meet the decibel requirements and the silencer was not removable. I think they designed it that way so that the baffle inside will not be visible.

The yoshimura is a good exhaust. I believe that is one of the exhaust system that will actually gain power and not just sound.

The exhaust I have in now is a mix match. I bought a 51mm pipe with resonator and I installed a yoshimura pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. Thanks for the advice man. I think I will stick with either the Yoshimura or the two brothers. I'm kind of leaning toward the two brothers for the time being. It is about 150 bucks cheaper, so I think I can swing that with the wifey.

I don't necessarily need more horse power, but it couldn't hurt! Any experience with the chimera cold air intake?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sweet. Thanks for the advice man. I think I will stick with either the Yoshimura or the two brothers. I'm kind of leaning toward the two brothers for the time being. It is about 150 bucks cheaper, so I think I can swing that with the wifey.

I don't necessarily need more horse power, but it couldn't hurt! Any experience with the chimera cold air intake?
I have chimera intake on mine. But I installed a bigger foam filter and cut the cover the make room for it. It's much better than a regular air filter in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Pass on the import junk. For what it's worth, I'll say the Yosh team are TOTAL enthusiasts as well, and put there soul into the product. The eBay junk pedlers put their soul into getting your money...

·
Registered
49 Posts
So I have been looking at aftermarket exhausts for my 2017 Z125. I have watched multiple reviews and read as much as I can find on the topic. I like the two brothers and the yoshimura the best so far. They seem to be of similar quality with the yoshimura just a little bit more expensive. I also came across a video for an AR exhaust which seemed fine also. In my searches for other products and upgrades I have come across several aftermarket exhausts on EBay that are a lot less expensive. I know the old adage you get what you pay for, but sometimes what you pay for and what you get is just a name. I'm not interested in a name if it doesn't do any better. Are these worth trying? I see they ship from Thailand. Is that just because the Z's are popular over there? Does anyone have experience with these versus the Two brothers or yoshimura? Thanks for any help or advice.
I have the Thailand exhaust from ebay, (Aodonly Racing exhaust) was 125$ 2 day expedited shipping. Sounds good and using autotuner/pcv and it appears to work well. The quality is very good, surprisingly enough. This little baby bike in my opinion is not going to hardly benefit from spending 500$ on an exhaust, maybe go 1mph faster is not worth 400$ more to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought a "crappy Chinese junk" exhaust. It was $180. It fit. It works perfect and sounds awesome. With the Chimera intake it's a perfect set up. There is no way that a "brand" name exhaust is worth $300 more in my opinion. Spend that $300 getting it custom painted or wrapped.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's an option for those that don't have the money to spend on the nice quality systems like the yosh or werkes. Some of the China junk is not worth anyones time or money....some of it is actually decent. Think of it like harbor freight....there's things from there I would never buy and things that are 1/4 the price and get the same job done.

But as far as the quality of it. Nothing wrong with this can and baffle. It actually looks pretty good. Header pipe was pretty sub par and thus why I didn't bolt that on there. But this knock off is worth the $180. On the flipside, there's absolutely nothing wrong with supporting US made product if your debit card can handle it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts