Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out riding my Z this last weekend with the sloppy roads, I'm thinking I may want to invest in something to keep the ran/road muck off my back. I know the OEM rear fender is supposed to do this, but the PO removed this and I didn't get it with the sale of my bike. So I was looking at those mud guards that you see on some Ducati models.

Something like this wouldn't look too bad, and it's not terribly expensive... Does anyone have (or know someone that has) experience with these, or something similar? I ride rain or shine... but I also like wheelies...

Honda Grom MSX125 SF Rear Fender Splash Guard M.A.D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one on my watch list that I am getting ready to pull the trigger on. The one I am looking at mounts on only one side of the swingarm. Tired of getting rooster tailed also, I probably will not leave it on all the time so with the single sided mount I will not have to pull the axle every time.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one on my watch list that I am getting ready to pull the trigger on. The one I am looking at mounts on only one side of the swingarm. Tired of getting rooster tailed also, I probably will not leave it on all the time so with the single sided mount I will not have to pull the axle every time.
Linky?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Rumor has it that those swingarm mounted fenders vibrate pretty bad. Don't expect a solid mounting like you might get on a Ducati.

Want an oem fender? PM me and I'll give you one super cheap.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Zaph. I appreciate the offer, but if I need, I'll fabricate something to work. Good call on the vibration... these are vibey little bikes, so that woudn't surprise me.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The P.O. already installed a fender eliminator, so I'm not sure how east it will be to go back to a stock unit give the shortened electrical. However, I'm leaning towards adding a flap below the plate... But if its going to dumb as ****, I might try out one of these Ducati-esk fenders and see if I can minimize the vibes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No vibes ever. What's cool is that patern matches rear fender almost exactly. I don't run it all the time, but when I do it works perfectly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i've been looking at one of those since i did my fender elim. was playing in the dirt and mud and ended up wearing all over my back. as soon as the funds are available i will be ordering one

·
Registered
39 Posts
Picked up this fender off e bay, shipping took forever from china over a month wait. The fender was listed for a grom for $24. The fender is pretty solid it does not vibrate that bad at all the arm that bolts the fender to the swingarm is thick enough steel to keep it from shaking around. My friend said he could hardly notice it moving around as we rode around. I have had it mounted for a few weeks now and it has kept my back clean from the last few wet rides.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts