Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to use my girlfriends old Samsung Galaxy Note II as a GPS. The phone has no service, so I used my mobile hot spot on my active phone to get service on the Note II. TWO ZIP TIES and an old butterfly phone case later we have this:

Stay classy, Z125 owners.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Today I decided to use my girlfriends old Samsung Galaxy Note II as a GPS. The phone has no service, so I used my mobile hot spot on my active phone to get service on the Note II. TWO ZIP TIES and an old butterfly phone case later we have this:

Stay classy, Z125 owners.
Nifty looking setup! I like those handlebars, too! Did you have to drill the pilot holes and trim the ends?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nifty looking setup! I like those handlebars, too! Did you have to drill the pilot holes and trim the ends?
Thanks! I did shorten my bars a bit, which ate up any room for a RAM mount. I'm planning on picking up some control brush guards to try out because I think it would look sort of neat on these, but may be a bit short on space. As for pilot holes, I did not drill any. The clutch side ended up needing the pin in the housing shaved down, but the clutch side worked out well. I used a few wraps of PTFE tape for a tighter fit around the bars. It worked well!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks! I did shorten my bars a bit, which ate up any room for a RAM mount. I'm planning on picking up some control brush guards to try out because I think it would look sort of neat on these, but may be a bit short on space. As for pilot holes, I did not drill any. The clutch side ended up needing the pin in the housing shaved down, but the clutch side worked out well. I used a few wraps of PTFE tape for a tighter fit around the bars. It worked well!
Yeah, man. Those are the bars that I want. Would you have your part # handy? I'm gonna call my dealer tomorrow to see if they have a set on hand or can order + install them when I take my bike in for the recall work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, man. Those are the bars that I want. Would you have your part # handy? I'm gonna call my dealer tomorrow to see if they have a set on hand or can order + install them when I take my bike in for the recall work.
They're actually ProTaper ATV-High's. I liked how wide the center part was compared to the standard ProTapers. I had to move my clutch cable a bit in order to get the bend just right, but I absolutely love them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TYG96G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
92 Posts
They're actually ProTaper ATV-High's. I liked how wide the center part was compared to the standard ProTapers. I had to move my clutch cable a bit in order to get the bend just right, but I absolutely love them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TYG96G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hey, bud thanks for hooking me up with a direct link! My two other bikes are dual-sport, so I favor the wideness of the bars and appreciate the additional leverage offered by that specific design as well.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Never thought to do that until now. Thanks for the classy GPS idea! Think there's space on the other side to attach an external battery pack for long trips?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never thought to do that until now. Thanks for the classy GPS idea! Think there's space on the other side to attach an external battery pack for long trips?
For sure! It's been three days now and the phone mount is actually holding up quite well. I super glued another zip tie to the old phone case just to make sure it wouldn't slide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts