Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else tired of not having any really cool exhaust options? I understand that the z just came out recently and there isn't gonna be a huge aftermarket for it just yet. I love the Comp Werkes full exhaust but for $500, I cant really justify that. The majority of people I meet run a yoshi on the z or grom. I get that it's a good pipe. I have a yoshi on my other motorcycle. But again that is still pretty expensive. Most other exhausts are side/swing arm exit and half of those only come with a 12mm O2(Im gonna run a bazazz AFM). I guess I would like to see more underbelly or under tail exhaust set ups. Ive done a lot of looking around and I just cant seem to find one I really like for a decent price, even the overseas market. Id like to have a different look than most. I just wanna make sure it's appropriately sized. Sound isn't a huge issue, most of these pipes sound similar anyway. Although I don't necessarily want it straight piped. Does anyone have any knowledge of any kind of under tail setup or maybe recommendations on different parts from different kits I could use to cobble one together? Like use part of a grom mid pipe with a z header, and a slip on from whatever else.

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Under Tail Pipe / unknown ?

I'm looking for this one myself . Tried to find this on at the site on the picture , but it wasn't listed on there site , but I didn't call ... so dont know if its custom or not ? . .my bike will probably be be laid'ed over now and then and I'm looking for one that wont get crushed ! .......Hopefully some one here from this forum can hook us with the brand name :nerd: or have you came across this one yet ?

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
For those looking for protection with typical side mounted cans, consider strap-on exhaust sliders like these available from Warp 9. As a former supermoto rider, I can attest that they work well for right side downers.

I'll probably get a set for my Yosh exhaust, hopefully before I go down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at the exact same one on the steady garage site. I was going to email them and ask about it. However I have a little different idea for the muffler. I do like the shorty can but MNNTHBX sells a dual outlet for a grom. I'd like to get a hold of them and see if I can just buy the muffler part minus the header.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do like the idea of those exhaust straps. I will look into those if I end up with a side mount.

·
Registered
317 Posts
For those looking for protection with typical side mounted cans, consider strap-on exhaust sliders like these available from Warp 9. As a former supermoto rider, I can attest that they work well for right side downers.

I'll probably get a set for my Yosh exhaust, hopefully before I go down.
$30 shipping?! Jesus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts