Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out chain today. After install i noticed back of box says
DID 420NZ2 100L.
Up to 85CC
Does anyone know if i got wrong chain?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Ya.......... I think so . but it is a high performance racing chain for a 85cc / so might be ok on the 8hp Z' if your staying with the stock motor......... Your call !
They don't even show a nz2' anymore on there site (discontinued ?)
looks like they upgraded to the nz3' now for 150cc
theres a note about the nz2' on there new chart (pic)
*NOTE: Former ERT & 420NZ2 Connecting Links are not interchangable.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya.......... I think so . but it is a high performance racing chain for a 85cc / so might be ok on the 8hp Z' if your staying with the stock motor......... Your call !
They don't even show a nz2' anymore on there site (discontinued ?)
looks like they upgraded to the nz3' now for 150cc
theres a note about the nz2' on there new chart (pic)
*NOTE: Former ERT & 420NZ2 Connecting Links are not interchangable.
Dang... well guess i gotta get this NZ3. Think i will check out how she rides 1st. Did also put in 15t front while i was at it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dang... well guess i gotta get this NZ3. Think i will check out how she rides 1st. Did also put in 15t front while i was at it.
A weaker chain will have a significantly shorter interval between adjustments needed, and also a much shorter life, for bOTH the chain and the 2 sprockets. If I were you, I'd get the correct chain asap before the 2 sprockets get worn by the rapidly stretching weak chain.

Chains for the Z125 are not expensive.

Also, be sure to get an o-ring chain. Some chains, which are either (a) cheaper or (b) intended for racing only, do not have o-rings. They require MUCH more frequent lubrication and are particularly weak on wear when run in the rain.

Jim G

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A weaker chain will have a significantly shorter interval between adjustments needed, and also a much shorter life, for bOTH the chain and the 2 sprockets. If I were you, I'd get the correct chain asap before the 2 sprockets get worn by the rapidly stretching weak chain.

Chains for the Z125 are not expensive.

Also, be sure to get an o-ring chain. Some chains, which are either (a) cheaper or (b) intended for racing only, do not have o-rings. They require MUCH more frequent lubrication and are particularly weak on wear when run in the rain.

Jim G
Thanks for info. I got correct chain coming in tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts