Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was around 98f today in Aggieland when I took the Z for a little ride. Pulled in to a place to get some beverage and when I returned and cranked it up....it idled, but thats about it. Check engine light on, but after waiting a few minutes, it cranked up and drove fine. Changed oil and stainless filter in place now. Any ideas how to check the code or clear it??

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's a reset method, something like driving it for 10mins at a time, at more than 10 miles an hour, three times. Sounds crazy but it's the same as a couple of Kawis bigger bikes. You could always take it down to the dealer and they can reset it. Might go that route, if for nothing more than to verify what the code popped for in the first place. I live south of Ft Worth, and I drive mine pretty extensively in the heat, and hadn't had a temp error yet. Just a thought.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've heard of bikes overheating when left in idle too long but not from just sitting outside for a bit. Best to bring it to your dealer and see if they can find anything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Best to bring it to your dealer and see if they can find anything.
:surprise::surprise::surprise:

Oh goodness. That's an open invitation to potentially even more "problems" at the hand of the so called "dealer technician."

Sorry to be a downer but I've ridden for almost 40 years and the stories of dealer tech's doing more damage than good are very close to 98 to 2. Yes. It's that's staggering.

Do you have anyone you ride with that's good and knowledgeable about bikes? I've never taken any of the many many bikes I do now or have owned to the dealer. Again, potentially just inviting trouble that turns to frustration (in the parallel universe it's called: the chaff that leads to the itch).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it to dealership this pm. Light was on when I got there...tech comes out, turns on key and no light. Mystery..got to believe it may have over heated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It is an air cooled engine. They tend to not like to sit still when running. They tend to not like to sit still in hot ambient air when running.

I'd just keep on....keepin' on. And try to avoid sitting for periods of time with the engine running.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me thinks I may be dealing with a lean condition with the new intake... Guess the next step will be the Bazzaz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts